Why does the Gen3 have a Driver Status Monitor Camera Module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently fired up FDRS on my Gen3 Raptor to update the DSP module to (hopefully) fix the static pop issue on engine startup. While I was in there, I updated all available modules. The one that took a couple hours to complete with the Driver Status Monitor Camera Module [CMR] Software Update. This is a module I am aware of in my wife's Mach-E, which has BlueCruise, but why is it in my Raptor? As far as I am aware, there is no driver status camera installed. Was BlueCruise intended to be made available in the Gen3 but Ford decided otherwise?

rockyfs

Reaction score
Not sure but I believe that the Driver Status Module is there to ensure that the driver is looking straight ahead and not distracted when using cruise control, distance control, and lane keeping.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those cameras are also used for the driver alertness feature which monitors some driver behaviors. Control screen has options for this...

R,
HAP