beware mac haik

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have every right to sell the vehicle after fixing it but they have to disclose the damage and the repair to the buyer.

Simple concept. It's extremely shady of them not to have disclosed the repair, and possibly/most likely illegal in their state.

Wrong.
In California, they do not have to disclose the damage if the amount is less than 3% of the MSRP.

States will vary on this.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wrong.
In California, they do not have to disclose the damage if the amount is less than 3% of the MSRP.

Why are you giving me california laws for a dealership in Texas

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

So I reviewed. Texas doesn't have a per se law requiring disclosure, but depending on the extent of the damage/repair, it could be a legal claim under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act

Based off the original post, it probably wasn't enough damage to have a worthwhile claim against the dealer, but its still shady.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I stated before, "States will vary on this".
You gave a blanket statement that they must disclose the damage.
Look more into the Texas vehicle code.
It is not wise to assume anything.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shady with no disclosure. I would have kept it and asked for many tankfulls of free gas from the dealership while I was out puting pin stripes down the sides offroading the beast!

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended my first post with depends on the state

My intention is to help educate and to inform.
I'm not making comments to denigrate you. I have better things to do.
Don't take everythnig so personal. Just let it go.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bet Ford's QC is that great they installed the decals on my truck with goobers under the clear! Good QC should have caught it. I didn't walk my truck until after i signed the papers. (Idiot) The dealer offered to repaint, but i didn't want my new truck 1/2 repainted to fix the 3 spots. Also almost Lemon Lawed my truck because driver door wouldn't close / rattled! Took 5 trips & 2 dealers to kind of fix. Don't get me wrong, still Love my Raptor, just Ford could have done much better!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrong.

Hate to say this BUT the above statement is correct. Always know what the laws and or regulations are. Most people have no idea ESP with what the respective requirements of documenting a case for the so called "Lemon Law"... Lot of requirements including in Texas a specific written complaint to the Dealer that will start the Repair attempts. I have had 2 Fords and one MB bought back this way and when I take a vehicle into a dealer for work always use the letter when I drop it off depending on what the issue is of course.

The letter I use and just change details:

Attention: Grayden Wall

Subject: ML 55 VIN #4JGAB74E4YA174233

Reference: Repair of Subject Vehicle Delivered to Your Facility for Repair on xxxxxxx

Dear Graden,

In accordance with TEXAS MOTOR VEHICLE COMMISSION CODE (ARTICLE 4413(36) VERNON’S TEXAS CIVIL LEMON LAW STATUTES) Section 6.07 Warranty Performance Obligations you are hereby formally notified of the following known defects of the subject vehicle:
• Defect in transmission causing transmission to shift into low range as well as not shift from 1st gear thereby causing a hazardous condition for the driver.
• Various squeaks and rattles emanating from the dashboard and windshield areas.
• Leather seating surface on the front passenger is flawed/scuffed below the headrest
• Vehicle exhibits a pull to the right and will on some instances pull across the crown of the road. This behavior has been exhibited since the vehicle was driven home from the Dealer in Oklahoma City on xxxxxxxx.

If you have any questions regarding the above please contact the undersigned at xxxxxxxxx (Office) xxxxxxxxxx (Home)

Last edited:

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boss, couldn't the dealer later claim that you never gave them the notice? It seems like you would either have to send it certified mail-return receipt or have them to sign an acknowledgment on the spot that they received it. Otherwise, you would be at the mercy of their honesty if a dispute were to arise and you had to document your actions to satisfy lemon law requirements.

Last edited: