Better A-pillar brackets for LP4s than the SDHQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morgan

Reaction score
Not sure how new these are, but I just discovered that ADD sells an a-pillar bracket. Looks like it may fit similar to SDHQ, but I don't see the helicopter tape to prevent paint issues.
Anyone use them?

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how new these are, but I just discovered that ADD sells an a-pillar bracket. Looks like it may fit similar to SDHQ, but I don't see the helicopter tape to prevent paint issues.
Anyone use them?

Yeah thx but they are essentially the same as the SDHQ brackets.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Alternative Offroad brackets installed very easy. However I didn't like how high they sat up and we had quality issues with AO. So we don't carry them anymore. We now exclusively carry the SDHQ ones. And yes the SDHQ DO take a bit to install but it's not hard (if you do this a lot like we do).

They are rock solid though.

BTW, you DO NOT have to use BOTH bolts on the LP4. You can simply use the CENTER bolt and now your light can face 360 degrees.... problem solved :)

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a set I just took off my gen 2 I want to sell. Pm if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpeg
    IMG_2239.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I spoke to @spvper
The Alternative Offroad brackets installed very easy. However I didn't like how high they sat up and we had quality issues with AO. So we don't carry them anymore. We now exclusively carry the SDHQ ones. And yes the SDHQ DO take a bit to install but it's not hard (if you do this a lot like we do).

They are rock solid though.

BTW, you DO NOT have to use BOTH bolts on the LP4. You can simply use the CENTER bolt and now your light can face 360 degrees.... problem solved :)
Yes the SDHQ are good but the issue I have on the gen 2 is that the passenger light has to be all the way in toward the center of the truck and the driver light has to be the opposite, out to the edge of the truck and then they are not even. FYI I went to chat for help on your site inquiring about new a pillar mounts and the dude who helped me was kind of a ****. He kept saying that I didnt buy my lights or mounts there, to which I agreed. I was simply inquiring about different a pillar mounts to possibly purchase. Whoever it was (steve maybe?) should not be in CS.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll look into that but generally if a customer contacts us for support on a product they didn't get from us we ask them to contact the re-seller they got it from.

Just install both lights in the same position. If the driver side has to be all the way on the outside, do the same on the passenger side.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll look into that but generally if a customer contacts us for support on a product they didn't get from us we ask them to contact the re-seller they got it from.

Just install both lights in the same position. If the driver side has to be all the way on the outside, do the same on the passenger side.
You can’t. If the pass side isn’t all the way in, you can’t mount the light due to the antenna. If you don’t then mount the driver side all the way out, the wiper arm hits the light bracket. This makes the light uneven.

I didn’t come to your site for support - I was inquiring about alternative a pillar mounts.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can’t. If the pass side isn’t all the way in, you can’t mount the light due to the antenna. If you don’t then mount the driver side all the way out, the wiper arm hits the light bracket. This makes the light uneven.

I didn’t come to your site for support - I was inquiring about alternative a pillar mounts.

Can you or do you have any pictures of the LP4’s mounted where you are saying the wiper arm hits it?

I know the LP4’s are quite a bit larger than my setup.(Squadrons) LP4’s are only 3.2” deep VS the most common light (XL80’s) that are 3.650” deep. LP4’s are wider and taller.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you or do you have any pictures of the LP4’s mounted where you are saying the wiper arm hits it?

I know the LP4’s are quite a bit larger than my setup.(Squadrons) LP4’s are only 3.2” deep VS the most common light (XL80’s) that are 3.650” deep. LP4’s are wider and taller.
Yeah, its really hard to get a good shot - and the wiper arm doesn't hit on the driver side now that I moved it outward. For reference - the driver light I'm using the center hole to mount the light to the outer slot of the SDHQ bracket. For the passenger side, I had to use the inner slot of the SDHQ bracket and the far slot on the BD bracket to bring the light as inboard is possible.

You can see how close the light is to the antenna - there is no other position to where you can mount the light.

1712849431008.png

Here you can see how it is mounted from the light bracket to the SDHQ mount, again all the way inboard. Don't mind the janky tape :p

1712849497955.png

So now on the driver side, you see it is not quite all the way outward, I could go one more slot over but I don't need to, the wiper arm does not hit the light here. It is super close, but it doesn't hit.

1712849663279.png

Here is the mark on the wiper arm on the driver side from hitting the BD mount bracket:

1712849721064.png

and finally, here is a shot of the truck - one may not notice that the lights are not even side to side, but they are not even side to side and it's annoying AF.

1712849788563.png