Better A-pillar brackets for LP4s than the SDHQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I replaced my squadron pro lights on the apillar with the giant ass LP4s. The issue I have is that the passenger side light has to be all the way inboard (toward the center of the truck) so that it doesn't hit the antenna... the driver side has to be almost all the way outboard so the friggin wiper arm doesn't hit the bracket. This kinda messes with my OCD a bit. While they work and are solid, are there any apillar mounts that somehow are positioned better for these lights so they are evenly spaced and don't have the above issues?

TIA.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK wait, maybe I'm a dummy (most logical answer anyway). I have my SDHQ mounts so that they are INWARD - I just say they can be turned outward. maybe that is the answer.

*Apparently they are supposed to be inboard like I have them, so that isn't a solution...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The ones I have are from --I think-- Alternative off-road - got them from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but I believe they may have fallen out of favor.
These mount to the hood hinges. Now, there is a little bit of movement, but no more so than with my LP9’s - and those LP9’s are as secure as you can make them. I’m talking those bolts maybe have 20-30 degrees before they’re stripped.

I run xl80s - before the LP9’s, but otherwise current

IMG_5935.jpg

the brackets, hood and lights all move together, raise the hood, lights point at the sky. I sometimes think the grass may be greener with another mount, but, it isn’t green enough to make me want to go through the trouble of a swap.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones I have are from --I think-- Alternative off-road - got them from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but I believe they may have fallen out of favor.
These mount to the hood hinges. Now, there is a little bit of movement, but no more so than with my LP9’s - and those LP9’s are as secure as you can make them. I’m talking those bolts maybe have 20-30 degrees before they’re stripped.

I run xl80s - before the LP9’s, but otherwise current

View attachment 450541

the brackets, hood and lights all move together, raise the hood, lights point at the sky. I sometimes think the grass may be greener with another mount, but, it isn’t green enough to make me want to go through the trouble of a swap.
i have the same ones and love them, not a fan of the SDHQ ones where they mount

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lights are you running on them? They seem very inboard - wondering if the LP4s would be too large where those sit?
1712600943714.jpeg1712600950730.jpeg
LP4s
They did look big at first, but i guess ive gotten used to it and they look 'normal'