Baker Motorsports "Dovetail" Rear End and Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, I see the light, Big J. Thanks for bearing with me, sir!
Awesome! Glad its making sense. This stuff can be trick to try and explain.
Gotta agree BigJ. My hitch/tow hooks always get hit and drag when dropping off stuff. My spare has never gotten hit. It's going to be worse with my new lower rear ride hieght. Might be doing a bumper like yours sooner than planned.
Yeah for sure PA. I mean the hitch hitting isn't the end of the world. Its just damn annoying. But worrying about that low hanging bumper and sheet metal sucked. It makes you choose less optimal lines to begin with, making everything else that much harder... and sometimes not any fun at all.

By the way another quick change I made yesterday was to run a bead of white silicone inside the edge trim strip. It was holding OK as it was, but even the lightest brushby with a sponge or towel, and it would come right off. Now that the silicon has dried its good and stuck there. The 5 mins worth of effort was worth it to add another bit of piece of mind.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way another quick change I made yesterday was to run a bead of white silicone inside the edge trim strip. It was holding OK as it was, but even the lightest brushby with a sponge or towel, and it would come right off. Now that the silicon has dried its good and stuck there. The 5 mins worth of effort was worth it to add another bit of piece of mind.

Mine fell off yesterday. Good thing I have an extra set. :D

I'm following your lead on the silicon.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm following your lead on the silicon.
Get yourself a new squeeze tube and just poke a hole in the end (you may have to use a drill and really tiny bit). Keeps the smallest tip possible that way so its easier to drag/draw thru the trim.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Good call on the silicon, I'll 3rd that and do it to mine. You're right J, that bimper mount looks oem, hell of a clean job they did.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some thing like this for cut edges? I have seen it in white also from marine dealers.

Attachments

• imagesCA3TKK2N.jpg
    imagesCA3TKK2N.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 256

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how to answer that. I guess all I can tell ya is over the slow gnarly stuff its all about approach and departure angles, and the lines open to ya are based on both.

Ahh...now I'm following you a little more. I wasn't thinking about slow speed wheelin' or crawling. It makes a lot more sense now.

11TUXSCREW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big j love the bumper looks really good. I want to do the same thing but 1200$ seems like a lot I don't go off road that much so the increased angle in the rear isn't that big of a deal to me I mainly just like the look. So my question is why is it so much money is there a lot of fab work and for 1200 I would think they would have taken care of the exposed edge that you have had a problem with.