BAK Roll-X Install and Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROLL-X Installed

Thank you BIRDMAN for your pics and review. I installed my ROLL-X over the weekend and the only difference was I added pizza to the two beers which in turn extended the install by 30 Minutes. I had one minor issue and had sent an email to Morrie about the square washers. Well it had turned out my instructions had not been updated but Morrie had me an answer and explanation in less that 2 minutes, they called my cell and sent me back an email. The install was very straightforward and the cover looks great!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 58
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 61
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 63
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 62
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 68
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 63
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 66

bucktown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one of you BAK guru's can answer something for me.

Which of the roll-x or the traditional Bak flip style take up more space in the storage/open bed position?

I would guess that the roll x has a slightly larger footprint when its rolled up than the F1 does when its folded, but its tough to confirm from the pictures/videos.

I like the idea of retaining the ability to see out the window when the quad is in the back, but not if the whole thing wont fit inside the bed extender due to the tonneau cover in storage/open position. It also seems like the F1 would be a little more sturdy for cargo bumping into it in transit, any thoughts?

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Bucktown: You are correct with your observation. Both the BakFlip and RollX have small permanent attachment panels that are 4"-6" wide. The RollX when completely rolled up may extend slightly further into the bed for dirtbikes etc. depending on the lenght of your truckbed. There is a little more to roll up on a 61/2' vs. a 51/2' bed. The big difference is the RollX still allows visibility out the back window where the BakFlips do not. Please call me directly to place your order, or with any further questions or concerns. 800 653-7089 ext. 704:grd:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their truck out for some serious off road time, with the RollX installed? I'm really curious as to how well it holds up to the rattles and shakes.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RollX Off Road performance

hey puddle hunter: Thanks for posting this question, because I have no direct feedback on this topic from any of my customers. My belief is that the Roll-X will hold up just fine, or at least as well as your truck.:happy160: I hope to hear some direct comments for the record from other FRF members.

Thanks,
Morrie:peace:

Pax Regis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken mine out and abused it a little. No problems so far. I kinda expected that on hard landings the rubber edges might tend to pop loose over the rails but that hasn't happened yet. At this point I think if you hit something hard enough to jar a properly installed rollx loose you'll have bigger problems than a busted bed cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to keep ******** on birdmans thread here but since march I've been dealing with Morrie (BAKfactoryoutlet) to get my original cover fixed. First things first, morrie is the man without question. I got a few replacement parts from BAK industries after Morrie had contacted them. I still wasn't happy with the quality and demanded a whole new cover last week. After Morrie got involved again they sent a brand new cover and rails out to me. I installed the cover a few days ago. Right away i noticed the new cover was completely different as were the rails too than the original one i received. Long story short cover is on and I'm happy to report not a single issue. Thanks Morrie

Last edited:

Intricate

Reaction score
I just installed this cover. First impression is I like the flat smooth top and easy install. It fits well and runs the same rail clamping system as just about all the covers. I got this one as I can still see out the back window when open, and open it holds less of a vertical footprint therefore when it's strapped down it doesn't sway like the G2, F1 when running rough roads but time will tell. It can touch the cab but has strategic bumpers to prevent damage.

Last edited: