Backseat outlet - Ambient Lighting Stays well after truck locked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a clear quick answer for this, but haven't had much luck.

After getting home last this weekend, I got my family out of the truck and went back to it about 10 minutes later to find the ambient light over my rear outlets in the back seat still lit up.

I, for the life of me, can't remember that light staying on. So I locked the truck, which should have shut everything off (I thought?). Still, that ambient light stayed on.

Too exhausted, I went to bed and woke up the next morning and it was off. I opened the truck door, light came on, closed door, light stayed on. Came back a bit later, and the light was off.

Is this a normal thing for that light to stay on? Its literally the only interior ambient light that was left on. I even tried cycling the ambient lights button, and every light cycled, except it.

Can someone just tell me I've owned the truck for 2 years and literally never noticed this?

awd5906

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a clear quick answer for this, but haven't had much luck.

After getting home last this weekend, I got my family out of the truck and went back to it about 10 minutes later to find the ambient light over my rear outlets in the back seat still lit up.

I, for the life of me, can't remember that light staying on. So I locked the truck, which should have shut everything off (I thought?). Still, that ambient light stayed on.

Too exhausted, I went to bed and woke up the next morning and it was off. I opened the truck door, light came on, closed door, light stayed on. Came back a bit later, and the light was off.

Is this a normal thing for that light to stay on? Its literally the only interior ambient light that was left on. I even tried cycling the ambient lights button, and every light cycled, except it.

Can someone just tell me I've owned the truck for 2 years and literally never noticed this?
My 23 does the same thing. Sometimes all interior lighting turn off simultaneously. On occasion those rear ambient lights stay on for over 10 min. Not sure what triggers this a year and a half later.

OP
OP
S

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all, much appreciated.

I also am not sure why those need to stay on. If i'm out of the truck, and its locked, I don't need to know where the plugs are lol. However, if its "normal", then whatever.