Az Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsmless

Reaction score
Hello, Tucson newbie here. Have had my ex border patrol raptor for 3 years now and just found this site recently. Heres my scab- all the work done myself. I think I have given it a even harder life than when it was a duty truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
D

dsmless

Reaction score
Well I messed it up- I have the Screw you see pictured. So much for making a good first impression. The other vehicle there is a expedition I use for hunting/camping.

OP
OP
D

dsmless

Reaction score
Nice truck, are the boarder patrol raptors priced really well? Regardless, nice to have a government maintained vehicle!
It was $18k when I got it in april 2021. For this price I knew it was gonna be far from perfect. It was only factory required servicing at the factory intervals. The first year I had it I replaced the shocks and all the fluids.
Then I replaced the following items just to hold up to the desert here.
- OEM radiator for an aluminum 3 core radiator
- all front suspension bushings and tie rods along and stop cam kit
-methods 17” rims an cooper 35” tires
-painted the front/rear bumper and trim with black bed coating paint, really like the way it came out.
- replaced the factory basic radio with a 9” touchscreen amazon special (been going good for 2 years)
-added a back up camera

The interior is cloth and it does not come with a sync or trailer break nor the aux outfitter swicth bank. And also no sunroof. Given that this truck lived alot in the desert, there was dust everywhere I had to vacuum out.
The biggest issue I had when I go it was that the evap core was clogged to the point that I had very little airflow out the vents. So instead of dropping the dash I just cut a piece out of the HVAC plenum behind the glove box and scrapped a thick layer of soot from the evap core and clean it so I could get airflow back in the cabin, plastic welded the section back on and airflow is good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsmless

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see pictures of you scab, who's screw is that?
No scab here, I messed up on the pitch. Heres more pics of my screw, all the work done is in my garage shop. I do aluminum welding so I always wanted to make a kinda baja chase vehicle.
Made aluminum bed cap toppers with a grab handle and a headache rack that the roof rack attaches too. Installed a front and rear winches (have used the rear one often to get out atvs) and alot of other stuff. Being that its not pretty and shiny anymore I can add stiff to it as I need them. I just made/added front fog lights this week. Im gonna coat /paint it with white bedliner once all done. I have done the tailgate and like the results.

Attachments

• IMG_4242.jpeg
    IMG_4242.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4243.jpeg
    IMG_4243.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4244.jpeg
    IMG_4244.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4222.jpeg
    IMG_4222.jpeg