GEN 2 Are my leaf springs shot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on my leaf springs and how much they are really impacting the ride. I've been looking into deavers but I can't spend that kind of money right now; especially since it will be close to another $1000 just to get them installed + bump stops. In addition, if I were to get deavers I'd probably end up going +3 which would then lead me to getting eibachs up front :doh2:. I don't do any serious offroading, even though I wish I did. I only go to starbucks and back :bleh:. So I wanted to know, how necessary are deavers? Will they make that big of an impact that its worth the investment? Or can I just continue with the factory leafs? Any other recommendations/options that are not Icons or Deavers? Truck is currently sitting at 51K miles.
1719424668896.png
1719424888112.png
Don't mind my rust bucket of a gen 2. Bought it used from upstate New York... never doing that again.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on my leaf springs and how much they are really impacting the ride. I've been looking into deavers but I can't spend that kind of money right now; especially since it will be close to another $1000 just to get them installed + bump stops. In addition, if I were to get deavers I'd probably end up going +3 which would then lead me to getting eibachs up front :doh2:. I don't do any serious offroading, even though I wish I did. I only go to starbucks and back :bleh:. So I wanted to know, how necessary are deavers? Will they make that big of an impact that its worth the investment? Or can I just continue with the factory leafs? Any other recommendations/options that are not Icons or Deavers? Truck is currently sitting at 51K miles.
View attachment 458443
View attachment 458445
Don't mind my rust bucket of a gen 2. Bought it used from upstate New York... never doing that again.

Yes, those leaf springs are completely shot. Deavers are one of the best suspension upgrades you can make. No need for aftermarket bump stops. Get +2 Deavers for a level ride, you only need +3 Deavers if also raising the front or have a seriously heavy bed load. It also should not cost $1k for the install, it's a 3-hour job max.