Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be pretty sure, but in Texas, we actually are sure and yes, the windmills failed, solar wasn’t covering enough and it cascaded into dino fuel powered electricity being overrun because demand skyrocketed and maintained at an unprecedented, increased population level, including 700,000 new former Californians, who knows how many illegal invaders, plus all the Feds stationed here to welcome the illegal invaders.

How many people did California taken in over the last couple years? because there’s almost .75 million of them here.

What does the same outlet have to say?

Power slowed from all sources across the gridElectricity generators of all types failed to produce enough power for the state due to the severe freezing and cold temperatures that swept the state in February 2021.

Look, I’m down with solar and frankly wind too- there’s a lot of wind here, why not harness it?

But maybe, with less than 100 posts... maybe stop spoiling for a God Dámned internet fight about stuff that has precious little to do with Raptors.
The new Lightning isn’t the Raptor, some people like it, some don’t.
You confuse me calling out misinformation with "spoiling for a god damned internet fight." This thread is about Lightning (an EV) vs. Raptor, so it is about Raptors. The conversation has shifted, as is normal on all forums, to encompass more than the exact subject of the forum. For pete's sake we have someone rambling on, completely unprompted, about "scamdemics" "plandemics" and I'm assuming "clamdemics" a few pages back :rofl:

"The inability of power plants to perform in the extreme cold was the No. 1 cause of the outages last year."
"At one point during February’s storm, more than half of the state’s natural gas supply was shut down due to power outages, frozen equipment and weather conditions."

Are you going to blame ERCOT-related mistakes (e.g. not weather-hardening their equipment) on solar and wind power which constitute less than a third of total power generation with known limitations (e.g. solar doesn't generate at night)? They were warned in advance to protect against this. They were warned to not disconnect from the national grid. Chickens came home to roost, but somehow it's renewables' fault?

And before you complain about things going off on a tangent, I was responding to someone responding to someone else about wind power in Texas pinning the blame of Texas outages on wind power. I don't know what my post count has to do with anything--I've been here for a few years and had little to contribute because I didn't own a Raptor yet.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... and I'm assuming "clamdemics" a few pages back ...

Bearded clamdemics are the worst.

Are you going to blame ERCOT-related mistakes (e.g. not weather-hardening their equipment) on solar and wind power which constitute less than a third of total power generation with known limitations (e.g. solar doesn't generate at night)? They were warned in advance to protect against this. They were warned to not disconnect from the national grid. Chickens came home to roost, but somehow it's renewables' fault?

ERCOT royally screwed the pooch. Period. Special interests, self dealing, government as usual.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Lol. Interested parties took the TX grid thing and ran with it. People in other states hate TX, cause we do what we want, sometimes. Sometimes you gotta burn Amazon boxes to stay warm. It mostly works out, hence the huge migration.

EDIT: To be clear, the meme is in reference to Cali. It's not a normal thing down here.

tank.jpg

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Interested parties took the TX grid thing and ran with it. People in other states hate TX, cause we do what we want, sometimes. Sometimes you gotta burn Amazon boxes to stay warm. It mostly works out, hence the huge migration.

View attachment 404084
Well, yeah, and Texas never gets actually cold. As in life threatening. Put on a sweater and suck it up, buttercup. That huge migration was caused by folks in the upper midwest reading about it and realizing it wouldn't be that nice at home until April or May. :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
not yet, just been bike on bike crime

Havent tried launch control on mine but i just have traction control on race and wheelie control on, can launch it decently since most of the power comes waaaaay later
I hate to rely on technology, but, I’m just not that practiced so yeah it really does work. My 14 and my 11 before that was even worse for controlling a launch. But when you nail it, you’re gone.

"At one point during February’s storm, more than half of the state’s natural gas supply was shut down due to power outages, frozen equipment and weather conditions."
Right, because everything was fúcked.
Are you going to blame ERCOT-related mistakes (e.g. not weather-hardening their equipment) on solar and wind power which constitute less than a third of total power generation with known limitations
It’s more than just ERCOT, who earn the lion’s share of the mismanagement blame, but it was a cascade failure because the relied upon solar and wind weren’t able to handle the temps. blah, blah, blah, cold hardening, blah blah,
solar and wind have their place but need some thinking through. Not just in Texas.
I've been here for a few years and had little to contribute because I didn't own a Raptor yet
Great. Arguing about fragile egos and manhood isn’t dispelling misinformation though, is it? You (we) can dispel misinformation with mere facts, diction & grammar. TBF, this can apply to multiple in this funfest.

Ford did offer up Lightnings to supply power here during Snovid. Fortunately, none combusted spontaneously.

Now, I have to go look at installing the jimi-jammers, which means I’ll think about it, then think better of it and put it off again.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, yeah, and Texas never gets actually cold. As in life threatening. Put on a sweater and suck it up, buttercup. That huge migration was caused by folks in the upper midwest reading about it and realizing it wouldn't be that nice at home until April or May. :)
The reports of our death during the great snow storm were greatly exaggerated.

I'm not an agent, but I'm in the real estate industry. I always ask people where they are coming from. 3-4 parts West coast, 1 part upper midwest, 1.5 parts East coast.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Arguing about fragile egos and manhood isn’t dispelling misinformation though, is it? You (we) can dispel misinformation with mere facts, diction & grammar. TBF, this can apply to multiple in this funfest.

Ford did offer up Lightnings to supply power here during Snovid. Fortunately, none combusted spontaneously.
The vast majority of my posts are dispelling misinformation. Pardon me this one misstep as I ponder how grown men can become so insecure at the mere mention of EVs.

More importantly, how have I never heard the term "snovid" before?! :rofl: