Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every single one of them. 0-60 can be fun a handful of times, but that novelty wears off quickly. They’re also just not as fast as the fast gas cars I’ve driven, with substantially less of a thrilling and visceral experience. Driving EVs to me is like driving an appliance.
This is why i love my lightning (real one) and bike, they may not be the tesla model xyz bbq model 6000 0-60 in tomorrow, but theyre just insanely visceral that i think EVs and hell even newer gas engines cant match due to all the fancy traction control stuff, which is great for actually going fast, but just feels so goddang boring having the computer manage everything for you.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why i love my lightning (real one) and bike, they may not be the tesla model xyz bbq model 6000 0-60 in tomorrow, but theyre just insanely visceral that i think EVs and hell even newer gas engines cant match due to all the fancy traction control stuff, which is great for actually going fast, but just feels so goddang boring having the computer manage everything for you.
I do agree with this. Even with the horrible exhaust tone of the Raptor, I enjoy driving it more than the Lightning overall.

Same with the EV cars. My neighbor on one side has a Taycan Turbo S and the other side has a Ferrari F8. I’m sure the Taycan is quicker but the F8 makes my insides tingle every time he starts it up.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do agree with this. Even with the horrible exhaust tone of the Raptor, I enjoy driving it more than the Lightning overall.

Same with the EV cars. My neighbor on one side has a Taycan Turbo S and the other side has a Ferrari F8. I’m sure the Taycan is quicker but the F8 makes my insides tingle every time he starts it up.

Never understood why there’s a “turbo” model of the Taycan.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the words of the immortal and honorable Rodney King from California, cant, cant, we all just get along

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird then that the conservative red state of Texas gets 20% of it's electrical power from wind.
All of which failed causing blackouts during the winter :rolleyes: We would need to dedicate an entire state for wind and solar to power EVs if it hits 10% total cars on road. lol

Don't get me started on current EV trucks. Perhaps the Cyber Truck will change my mind but we'll see.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of which failed causing blackouts during the winter :rolleyes: We would need to dedicate an entire state for wind and solar to power EVs if it hits 10% total cars on road. lol

Don't get me started on current EV trucks. Perhaps the Cyber Truck will change my mind but we'll see.
You sure renewables are what failed? I ask because I'm pretty sure it was something else that failed.

You like the Cybertruck? The looks are...something. The specs are probably classic Elon Musk over-promise-under-deliver too.

Last edited:

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Tesla Model XYZ BBQ" made me literally laugh out loud :rofl:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You sure renewables are what failed? I ask because I'm pretty sure it was something else that failed.
You might be pretty sure, but in Texas, we actually are sure and yes, the windmills failed, solar wasn’t covering enough and it cascaded into dino fuel powered electricity being overrun because demand skyrocketed and maintained at an unprecedented, increased population level, including 700,000 new former Californians, who knows how many illegal invaders, plus all the Feds stationed here to welcome the illegal invaders.

How many people did California taken in over the last couple years? because there’s almost .75 million of them here.

What does the same outlet have to say?

Power slowed from all sources across the gridElectricity generators of all types failed to produce enough power for the state due to the severe freezing and cold temperatures that swept the state in February 2021.

Look, I’m down with solar and frankly wind too- there’s a lot of wind here, why not harness it?

But maybe, with less than 100 posts... maybe stop spoiling for a God Dámned internet fight about stuff that has precious little to do with Raptors.
The new Lightning isn’t the Raptor, some people like it, some don’t.

Don't get me started on current EV trucks
Did someone start you on current EV trucks ? I see what you did there, BTW.
#PunRespect.
This is why i love my lightning (real one) and bike, they may not be the tesla model xyz bbq model 6000 0-60 in tomorrow, but theyre just insanely visceral that i think EVs and hell even newer gas engines cant match due to all the fancy traction control stuff,

Have you tangled with an EV on the Zex Ex? I’ve got a 2014 with light mods - including launch control. I can easily pull to 60 in under 3 seconds, most of the time under 2.7. The model S does make me have to downshift but otherwise ... they’re not liter bikes.

If I ever encounter one that gives me grief, I’ll get to modding.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be pretty sure, but in Texas, we actually are sure and yes, the windmills failed, solar wasn’t covering enough and it cascaded into dino fuel powered electricity being overrun because demand skyrocketed and maintained at an unprecedented, increased population level, including 700,000 new former Californians, who knows how many illegal invaders, plus all the Feds stationed here to welcome the illegal invaders.

How many people did California taken in over the last couple years? because there’s almost .75 million of them here.

What does the same outlet have to say?

Power slowed from all sources across the gridElectricity generators of all types failed to produce enough power for the state due to the severe freezing and cold temperatures that swept the state in February 2021.

Look, I’m down with solar and frankly wind too- there’s a lot of wind here, why not harness it?

But maybe, with less than 100 posts... maybe stop spoiling for a God Dámned internet fight about stuff that has precious little to do with Raptors.
The new Lightning isn’t the Raptor, some people like it, some don’t.

Did someone start you on current EV trucks ? I see what you did there, BTW.
#PunRespect.

Have you tangled with an EV on the Zex Ex? I’ve got a 2014 with light mods - including launch control. I can easily pull to 60 in under 3 seconds, most of the time under 2.7. The model S does make me have to downshift but otherwise ... they’re not liter bikes.

If I ever encounter one that gives me grief, I’ll get to modding.
not yet, just been bike on bike crime

Havent tried launch control on mine but i just have traction control on race and wheelie control on, can launch it decently since most of the power comes waaaaay later