Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled my bass boat to our camp today because my Raptor is still in the shop (Monday makes 4 weeks, 8 weeks total since Jan) and range anxiety killed me again. I just can’t get over it.

It pulls great and is comfy on the highway but knowing I can’t charge until I get here kills me. I have a 240v here since we have so many hurricanes so it’s fine but I just have trouble changing the mindset of running so low .

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled my bass boat to our camp today because my Raptor is still in the shop (Monday makes 4 weeks, 8 weeks total since Jan) and range anxiety killed me again. I just can’t get over it.

It pulls great and is comfy on the highway but knowing I can’t charge until I get here kills me. I have a 240v here since we have so many hurricanes so it’s fine but I just have trouble changing the mindset of running so low .
500+ miles of range is the magic number for me to consider switching to an EV as my primary vehicle and I don't even tow anything.

If I did, I reckon I'd need 700+ miles of time-zero range to feel comfortable.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of range and charging options, I just don’t want an ev, driving them is so boring to me. But that’s the great thing about life, choices (at least until the government gets involved).

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of range and charging options, I just don’t want an ev, driving them is so boring to me. But that’s the great thing about life, choices (at least until the government gets involved).
Boring?! I feel the complete opposite. The Rivian R1T I rented off of Turo was amazing - acceleration, torque, regen braking, all great. However, I wouldn't replace my Raptor with it. What EV's do you find boring?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boring?! I feel the complete opposite. The Rivian R1T I rented off of Turo was amazing - acceleration, torque, regen braking, all great. However, I wouldn't replace my Raptor with it. What EV's do you find boring?

Every single one of them. 0-60 can be fun a handful of times, but that novelty wears off quickly. They’re also just not as fast as the fast gas cars I’ve driven, with substantially less of a thrilling and visceral experience. Driving EVs to me is like driving an appliance.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every single one of them. 0-60 can be fun a handful of times, but that novelty wears off quickly. They’re also just not as fast as the fast gas cars I’ve driven, with substantially less of a thrilling and visceral experience. Driving EVs to me is like driving an appliance.
Do tell - what gas cars have you driven that are faster (acceleration wise) than the R1T? I've had my share of pretty fast ICE vehicles, none as fast as that Rivian truck.

Novelty never wore off for me when we owned the Model Y - love the torque. There were other things I didn't like about the Model Y, hence why we don't have it any longer.....

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do tell - what gas cars have you driven that are faster (acceleration wise) than the R1T? I've had my share of pretty fast ICE vehicles, none as fast as that Rivian truck.

Novelty never wore off for me when we owned the Model Y - love the torque. There were other things I didn't like about the Model Y, hence why we don't have it any longer.....

I’m not speaking for all but for myself, when I call a car “fast” I’m not just referring to 0-60 times, 0-60 times don’t matter to me much honestly, and I like driving fast cars on track and in canyons. Every ev is way too heavy and they all handle like pigs.

If all we’re talking about is 0-60 times then yes, nothing can compete with an awd ev.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not speaking for all but for myself, when I call a car “fast” I’m not just referring to 0-60 times, 0-60 times don’t matter to me much honestly, and I like driving fast cars on track and in canyons. Every ev is way too heavy and they all handle like pigs.

If all we’re talking about is 0-60 times then yes, nothing can compete with an awd ev.
I guess we all have different opinions about it.

I love the way they drive. Instant acceleration, torque even when cruising, no transmission shifts, and I love the regen braking. I also feel like they handle well. They seem planted. AWD and optimal COG when paired with a smart torque system make them handle well compared to counterparts.