already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so let me ask this question for those that know more about offroading / these trucks.

the jump i posted in my vid is proably about 6" high and 10 ft or so.

i figure once it's dry out, i should be able to get another 10-15mph out of that hill and get some more height / distance.

from everything i've read, the landing looked "correct" as in your supposed to go front first to both at the same time, but not rear first.

how far / high could a jump like that be done. i've got to be honest, it was fun as hell, and i'm excited for some dry ground to see how much more i can get out of it

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey beef I'm sure this is exactly how you envisioned this thread to turn LOL Can't even mention bent frame on here without getting a headache reading the banter back and forth lol

That is a BADASS tag for a Boss! LOL!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so let me ask this question for those that know more about offroading / these trucks.

the jump i posted in my vid is proably about 6" high and 10 ft or so.

i figure once it's dry out, i should be able to get another 10-15mph out of that hill and get some more height / distance.

from everything i've read, the landing looked "correct" as in your supposed to go front first to both at the same time, but not rear first.

how far / high could a jump like that be done. i've got to be honest, it was fun as hell, and i'm excited for some dry ground to see how much more i can get out of it
Shit, i've seen some CRAZY videos with some serious air... with no adverse issues to the truck. As long as you're using the full travel of the suspension, it doesn't seem to damage the truck much assuming you're landing on 4 wheels.

Not to say you still can't do damage... but the frame issue really only seems to happen when impacting a ditch or whoops at speed...

SSDDMike

Reaction score
Raptor Springer or Jerry Raptor?

They could have done a lot of things...... What offroad vehicle did you design? What was your pricepoint and target market? I personally thought it was pretty cool of SVT to throw out an entry level offroad package for $50k - perfect for a poor guy like me to get out and goof off.

Now maybe I could get some help from the peanut gallery - I blew a corner the other day: Should I blame the braking or the steering for that one?

I blamed the ******* behind the wheel!!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? 90% of Raptor owners flat out don't need them. The other 10% can modify as needed.
Like any community, this is true... but 10% of trucks is still thousands of people! :)

Those of us with access to these trails where you can flat out FLY off road in wide open spaces can truly appreciate the peace of mind of the added reinforcement.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
So SVT could have put them on the Raptor, yes?
Ford could have made a full blown TT but no one would buy it for the price. The price to add something like frame support and bum stops would cost more from Ford than from the aftermarket so why do it?? Just because Ford didn't do something doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. If you're going to push the limits of a STOCK truck you need to add some insurance. Why is that so hard to understand? There is nothing wrong with the design...there is something wrong with the people that have never driven off-road thinking their truck can handle anything they throw at it. Driving fast offroad isn't like driving fast on the street. Not only do you have to think about speed, braking and turning but you also have to take into account the terrain and how fast your vehicle can travel.over obstacles.
Even then things break. Ford did a stand up job of offering to fix the frame for a small fee and allow the owner to retain their warranty. What other company would allow to keep a warranty after you bent your frame offroading?

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? 90% of Raptor owners flat out don't need them. The other 10% can modify as needed.

The SCrew Raptor has, according to the company build site, a payload rating of 1,770 lbs; all Raptors should have real bumps when they leave Dearborn. Instead SVT offers "digital mud" graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.