already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've even had people on the run that admitted they ran too hard. Sure once you break something, fixes come out that are better. But it was never an issue. The trucks were simply run too hard.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You said cover it up not I... I surely wouldn't have gone about the reporting of it like you or whom ever did... I have destroyed many of my trucks and I didnt make a big deal of it or went to Ford and said hey, this needs to be repaired under warranty. If I remember right you were complaining that Ford wouldn't fix it... and cried when they said its your fault... Its great that it was found out that if you drive the truck way over what it was designed for this might happen... You just blew it way out of proportion...
If you go through the thread (which is unbearably long at this point) my biggest gripe wasn't the lack of fixing (it's only $700) it was more their approach to customer service, lack of actual answers, and the inability to speak with anybody that was actually informed on the Raptor (instead I was stuck talking to a lady who had never even seen one!).

If I could do it over again, sure I'd do it differently... hell, I may even not post it to begin with because it's NOT worth the hate and discontent it has caused.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

We've even had people on the run that admitted they ran too hard. Sure once you break something, fixes come out that are better. But it was never an issue. The trucks were simply run too hard.
I agree! I told myself I'd never run it that hard ever again... I hate seeing a $50K truck damaged for the sake of a temporary adrenaline rush.

Banned
Reaction score
I don't hate anyone online.
And it's unfortunate about the few bent frames.

But to say its a design flaw is bull.
If I did that I wouldn't even bother taking it in for warranty. If I knew it was me pushing it to far, and something broke I'd be responsible enough to not blame ford.

-Sent from my iPhone

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't hate anyone online.
And it's unfortunate about the few bent frames.

But to say its a design flaw is bull.
If I did that I wouldn't even bother taking it in for warranty. If I knew it was me pushing it to far, and something broke I'd be responsible enough to not blame ford.

-Sent from my iPhone
We know that now... at the time, it was like "What the hell?!?!"

Oh well... those that have met me know where my real interests, priorities, and support lies. It's NOT to bad mouth or hold Ford to the fire... it's to support the truck, it's owners, and off roading in general.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank heavens we have the Internet! In the old days it would have taken forever to get the word out using a fax, much less a pager or even talking on the phone. Now days you can type anything without any validation of one's expertise or motives. All we have are our opinions and mine is that you my friend overreacted and that common sense says that the truck was abused.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't a real problem, there wouldn't be 4 companies with aftermarket solutions and hundreds of owners that now run them on their trucks. Unless you're suggesting that these companies are selling snake-oil... That's a bold claim.

I know you have personal hatred towards strangers you've never met (for reasons beyond my comprehension) but stop being an ostrich... It's a problem that was reported on the Internet, the rest is history...

Whoa whoa buddy... "personal hatred". Do you ******* know me? What are you even talking about!

The 4 companies you speak of cater to the owners who know they're planning on throwing more at the truck than it's capable of from the factory. The other "select" owners just think it can handle whatever and if it can't, must be Fords fault. Sound familiar?

Nice of you to jump in one of the threads you're always reading. :)

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Thank heavens we have the Internet! In the old days it would have taken forever to get the word out using a fax, much less a pager or even talking on the phone. Now days you can type anything without any validation of one's expertise or motives. All we have are our opinions and mine is that you my friend overreacted and that common sense says that the truck was abused.

We have the same opinion:waytogo:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could do it over again, sure I'd do it differently... hell, I may even not post it to begin with because it's NOT worth the hate and discontent it has caused.

Its always easy to say in hindsight... and I do agree that the dealerships and customer service can be terrible to work with!!! I have had my troubles a few times...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa whoa buddy... "personal hatred". Do you ******* know me? What are you even talking about!

The 4 companies you speak of cater to the owners who know they're planning on throwing more at the truck than it's capable of from the factory. The other "select" owners just think it can handle whatever and if it can't, must be Fords fault. Sound familiar?

Nice of you to jump in one of the threads you're always reading. :)
No, but you seem to know ME...

Every time my name is mentioned or a pic of my truck is posted, it's YOU that fuels the fire and points it out with a personal vendetta against me.

Oh well... most of the guys on here are awesome owners, and yes I visit because I'm an OWNER and like seeing anything that applies to my truck that may help me out. It's unfortunate that a few individuals can't "let it go" and take the high road.

Status
Not open for further replies.