already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
oh i've got a better one for you. i was at the gas station and some dude was telling me allllllll about the weak frames on the Raptors and how he read all this on the internet. i stood there and smiled and didn't have the heart to tell him that he probably read it on the forum i Admin :rolleyes:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptor has a bent frame issue? I can't essentially run over a 12" speed bump at 60+mph? WTF?!?!?! LAWSUIT!

Banned
Reaction score
I know what you mean OP I'm on a ton of other forums, anytime someone mentions a raptor it's "have fun with the weak ass frame"

Then I try and explain the whole thing since I know the truth about it.

-Sent from my iPhone

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor has a bent frame issue? I can't essentially run over a 12" speed bump at 60+mph? WTF?!?!?! LAWSUIT!

wtf why didnt anyone tell me before i got my truck !!!!!!! i am nervous cause today i hit a speed bump at 30 mph an believe there may now be massive structal damage to my truck !!!!1:ROFLJest: .......:flipthebird:to trolls

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those guys totally ruined this trucks reputation in the eyes of the general public. What a joke!
If it wasn't a real problem, there wouldn't be 4 companies with aftermarket solutions and hundreds of owners that now run them on their trucks. Unless you're suggesting that these companies are selling snake-oil... That's a bold claim.

I know you have personal hatred towards strangers you've never met (for reasons beyond my comprehension) but stop being an ostrich... It's a problem that was reported on the Internet, the rest is history...

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Its from companies for people who want to take the truck to limits further than it was set up from factory. Its not to solve a problem, its to make the truck better. You would have to put it on any truck frame it you wanted to do what a raptor can.

Banned
Reaction score
I still don't see it as a design issue, more of a driver issue.

If you wanna push your truck harder than its made to, than you red to upgrade stuff. If you don't wanna upgrade stuff, then don't push it past it's limits.

If you wanna road race a civic you ain't gonna do very good stock, need to make some changes, right?

Well, same goes for the raptor.

-Sent from my iPhone

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't a real problem, there wouldn't be 4 companies with aftermarket solutions and hundreds of owners that now run them on their trucks. Unless you're suggesting that these companies are selling snake-oil... That's a bold claim.

I know you have personal hatred towards strangers you've never met (for reasons beyond my comprehension) but stop being an ostrich... It's a problem that was reported on the Internet, the rest is history...

Its a problem that shouldn't have been reported on the internet!!! Those that bent the frame of their trucks did it because of stupidity and then tried to blame Ford for a weak design...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a problem that shouldn't have been reported on the internet!!! Those that bent the frame of their trucks did it because of stupidity and then tried to blame Ford for a weak design...
So do a massive cover-up?? haha

C'mon... you know that's not possible. If it wasn't me that posted my truck, it would be Joe-Schmo. Thinking it wouldn't get brought up is COMPLETELY un-realistic.

Plus, it's likely saved many owners (that run their truck hard) from having the same problem. For every member upset, there's an equal number that have stated their appreciation for pointing out the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.