Airraid CAI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have this and after the first run at Texana I noticed the airfilter had popped off (i had tightened down the clamp). I reinstalled and ran the second loop and same thing. Seems every time it keeps popping off.

Looking at it it appears that I cannot get it flush on the bottom of the mount.

My question is, do you mount the feeder tube to the box side, then the filter to that, then install it in the vehicle, or do you install the tube into the box side, install the tube then install the filter (which I did).

having this thing fall off sucks. I need to get this remedied. :Grenade:

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this and after the first run at Texana I noticed the airfilter had popped off (i had tightened down the clamp). I reinstalled and ran the second loop and same thing. Seems every time it keeps popping off.

Looking at it it appears that I cannot get it flush on the bottom of the mount.

My question is, do you mount the feeder tube to the box side, then the filter to that, then install it in the vehicle, or do you install the tube into the box side, install the tube then install the filter (which I did).

having this thing fall off sucks. I need to get this remedied. :Grenade:

Same thing happened to me.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean it really well, you might have some oil on it or something

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my AIRAID CAI on my 2011 Raptor for many months and I have not seen any tendency for the air filter to come loose. I can only suggest that you double-check your installation to make certain that you have followed the installation instructions properly.

Here's the thread that RatedSVT referred to, but there is nothing there that speaks directly to the problem you are experiencing: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/airraid-installation-2011-6-2l-3085/

CAbimmer may be onto something if you bought the oiled filter. Use some Simple Green to clean the inner surface of the filter's mount and the outer surface of the intake tube to make sure they are not oily, and then wipe the soap off thoroughly with dampened cloths. (Soap is slippery, too.)

Once you have checked your installation vs. the instructions and have assurred yourself that you've done it correctly, I would call AIRAID. They're very, very helpful and forthcoming.

Last edited:

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ve never had a problem with mine. it sounds great with the magnaflow exhaust system.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had read about this issue, so I was very careful when mounting my filter. When I was done I could not imagine how anyone was having a problem. That filter might as well be welded on, because it's not going anywhere.

I still need to hit the track for a rough test ride, but I will be surprised if it budges.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only odd thing I noticed with my airraid was that the two ooutter clamps on the bottom of the OEM box do not have any resistence to them, they just flop arpund and do not lock down. ???