Just got 2023 Raptor R and have a wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have EcoBoost 2023 with a Livernois intercooler, Roush cold air intake and RPG 1.5" leveling collars. Going to CPR Stage 4 replacement Turbos and a MPT tune (E85 or 91 octane. Along with new injectors and an upgraded thermostat for more cooling:

A.K.A. more rear wheel "horsepower"

Were thinking "MAYBE" 85 - 95 rear H.P. increase, with hopefully 98% reliability.

Attachments

• 20240627_180503 (1).jpg
    20240627_180503 (1).jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 9

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the factory Supercharger with a "Whipple" for your "R" plus change the main supercharger pulley with the Roush or SVT: Mustang GT500 or Super Snake model(s).

Big H.P. gain. :33: and quieter "wine" of the blower. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

MCooper

Reaction score
So I can say the Raptor R vs TRX is a COMPLETELY different beast. The Raptor R drives more like a race car to me and the TRX was much more like a huge truck with silly speed. I had done alot of work to my TRX, so it was much louder and meaner, but the Raptor R is just a pleasure all the way around. The tech is MUCHHHHHH better in the Raptor R. The trx had a huge screen, but didn't do much that was worth anything. I sometimes miss the sound of my TRX, but love the deep base-like sound from the Raptor R. The seats in the Raptor R are ten times more comfortable as well. I will say I think the TRX felt much larger inside the cabin though.
Only issue with the raptor is I need to take it in for service as when I startup and shut down the car, the shifter makes odd clicking noises and refuses to fold down, no matter what you do. Taking it in tomorrow, and hoping its nothing huge.
I have already ordered a 2024/2025 Raptor R in Shelter Green, as I love that color.