adding rear air springs/bags to 2024 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aware

Reaction score
has anyone put air spring (air bags) on their 2024 Raptor? i put Firestone system on my 2013 raptor and loved it. i pull a trailer and would like to keep it from squatting so much. Firestone has told me they don't make a kit for the 2024.

MFouts

Reaction score
Kind of in the same boat. from what I have read they are available but effect the fox shock performance. I pulled for the first time this weekend and was mostly happy even with a 30 mph headwind. Don't care for the squat but don't want to effect suspension.
What is your tongue weight?

OP
OP
A

aware

Reaction score
Kind of in the same boat. from what I have read they are available but effect the fox shock performance. I pulled for the first time this weekend and was mostly happy even with a 30 mph headwind. Don't care for the squat but don't want to effect suspension.
What is your tongue weight?

OP
OP
A

aware

Reaction score
Air-Lift kit 60865 fits the 2024 raptor, Amazon had the best price. Also got an Air-Lift on board compressor. I just installed it yesterday. It has 1000 lbs capability. I haven't hooked up a trailer yet, but will let you know. I have a 2013 Raptor and put on an air lift and loved it. It made the truck ride even smoother when unloaded. But that truck has leaf springs. The 60865 kit is a bag that fits inside the coil springs for the 2024. The kit for the 2013 was a bag that mounts to the side of the frame next to the leaf spring.

I picked up a pallet of mulch at Home depot on a car trailer and the forklift put it way to far forward. I measured the tongue weight when I got home, 750lb and it sagged too much for my liking. Didn't measure it, but guessing 4-5".

I pulled a 28' enclosed snowmobile trailer 6500lbs with 700lbs tongue weight with the 2013. it is a pulling machine. It has the 6.2L. I hope I'm not disappointed with this V6. I refuse to pay the $20-30k dealer rip off fee for the R.

Installing the kit was pretty easy, although you have to remove the shock bolts, unbolt brake line bracket (great instructions to follow) and leveling devises to lower the axle to remove the springs to install the bags. it took 2 hours. I'll post some info on the sage with min air pressure and with proper air pressure to make level later this week.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put timbrens on mine for the couple times a year I tow a travel trailer.

Air bags are a good option as well

OP
OP
A

aware

Reaction score
With 550lbs of tongue weight, I dropped 2 full inch at the hitch. With 30 PSI in the bags it was bag to normal height. i also purchased a Shocker hitch (air bag type).

MFouts

Reaction score
With 550lbs of tongue weight, I dropped 2 full inch at the hitch. With 30 PSI in the bags it was bag to normal height. i also purchased a Shocker hitch (air bag type).
How much weight are you carrying in the bed?
Did you ever consider just adding rear coil spacers? I know it would be out of level but not sure I really care

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking to add this to mine. Hooked up my 18ft suretrac and loaded 2 kingquads and when I seen how much the truck squatedI quickly took everything off. Was scared to damage the rear fox shocks.