GEN 2 Adding a Viper Remote Start & Security System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Pass app...sometimes the remote start feature can take about a minute holding the "button" all that time, but still a cool feature...

if you are holding the "Botton" for a minute...you are doing it wrong.

press the start "button" on the app for 1-2 seconds. once it starts to spin, you are done. you can close the app and go about your business.

it may take at the most 5-15 seconds for conformation your truck is on in the app......but I have found many times where the truck is on many seconds before the shows it is on.

if you are literally holding the on button for a minute....you are cycling the button on, off, on, off, on off...dont do that

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me say this...I would NEVER have some sort of 3rd party remote start/alarm installed on any new car/truck...
You should have all you need...
Ford Pass app...sometimes the remote start feature can take about a minute holding the "button" all that time, but still a cool feature...

I agree, definitely never let anyone ELSE install it in your new car/truck.

One minute? I am not that patient, but thanks for validating why it needs replaced.

But seriously, all in good fun guys, thanks for all the feedback. Even the local installers don't know about all the advanced features that I will setup and install. I have access to all the goodies.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can even have it scheduled to turn on at anytime during the day like before you leave the house and when getting off work through the Ford App.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BURR

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor being built.

If I remember right these are keyless push to start correct?

If so, then you would need the factory fob to start the car. After installing a Viper Remote Start & Security system, there is no way I want to carry 2 remotes. I was shocked that it seems there is no aftermarket solution to using say a Viper fob to take over and control the push to start access. Seems like a market that would be wide open.

Does anyone have any experience using a different remote start/security system without needing to carry around 2 fobs? I know that I can make the factory fob work with the security system, but since the Viper LCD remote is so much more feature rich, I would need it.

I also know that I could use my phone instead of the Viper fob, but that is another headache and not as convenient, unless of course there is a way for the Raptor to detect your phone instead of the factory fob, and allow the truck to start. Like a Bluetooth solution.

I am an EE so I may have to put a solution together to scrap the factory fob. Curious if there is any interest.

My other thought is most vehicles have a bypass if the fob battery is dead. Does the Raptor have this? Is there a hidden key slot somewhere?

Thanks!

BURR

Reaction score
I use the FORDPASS app all the time. No need for a viper system. I start it from anywhere I have phone service. It tells location, fuel amount and all kinds of stuff and I have had good luck with it. Also locks and unlocks.

BURR

Reaction score
so everyone knows, the 2019s have a wifi hotspot and I believe that antenna is used for Ford pass. So it is much quicker than what was used on 2017-2018.

For example, my wife is visiting her inlaws 300 miles away and I can check her tire pressure in 5 seconds on my phone
MOST important, you can check and see where she really is!

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I start my truck all the time from my watch using the FordPass app.