GEN 2 Adding a Viper Remote Start & Security System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP ... don't forget Ford has an app which you can install on your phone and it will start your car. There are other functions also like displaying your tire pressure. The tire pressure function is super cool in that you can get a reading if with the car off.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you can start your truck from the other side of the country if you have the ford app

Yeah, if you got an 802A package truck you don't need the viper alarm for remote starting. My truck is 30 miles away and I can start it right now if I want, through FordPass.

Edit: just checked and it looks like any Raptor gets FordPass. Whatever you ordered will have it.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you got an 802A package truck you don't need the viper alarm for remote starting. My truck is 30 miles away and I can start it right now if I want, through FordPass.

Edit: just checked and it looks like any Raptor gets FordPass. Whatever you ordered will have it.

Yes I have the 802A package. Is there a subscription to FordPass after X number of years?

The tire pressure is an interesting option. The truck will be fully automated so I need an aftermarket unit for controlling it all, but I will have to take a closer look once the truck is built. Looking forward to it!

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure what problem you are solving. Suggest you check into the app more before you brew your own.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so everyone knows, the 2019s have a wifi hotspot and I believe that antenna is used for Ford pass. So it is much quicker than what was used on 2017-2018.

For example, my wife is visiting her inlaws 300 miles away and I can check her tire pressure in 5 seconds on my phone

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me say this...I would NEVER have some sort of 3rd party remote start/alarm installed on any new car/truck...
You should have all you need...
Ford Pass app...sometimes the remote start feature can take about a minute holding the "button" all that time, but still a cool feature...