Accessport Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last post I swear. Been very busy with work so getting round to my own stuff…

On my @COBB Tuning accessport with Goosetune ECM/TCM tune with all updates (checked) I am having the following issues:

A.) I set my pedal sensitivity to 3. It keeps dropping down to 0 randomly. Could be after 1 key cycle, could be after 20.

B.) One of my selected gauges is for current gear. At times it’s said I had 14 gears, 6 gears, 7 gears. Kind of concerning.

C.) In sport mode the truck will sometimes hang onto gears waaaaay to long to where I have to let off the gas or manually “shift”it. Dosent happen when not in sport mode. I only engage sport mode after driving for a bit. When taking a sharper than average turn the trans like to hang onto gears too long aswell. Feels like my rear locker is coming on kinda feeling.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7925 Edited.jpeg
    IMG_7925 Edited.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I have a similar problem in Sport mode w/ no Accessport. I just installed my Accessport and will get my initial 2 logs to Goosetuned tomorrow. I also ordered the transmission tune from him with the expectation that it could address the shifting issue in Sport mode.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep my DPC at 0 permanently through the tune file itself. I also had issues with it reverting to whatever was in the tune file, and mine was a 3 or a 5. I asked Goose to change it to 0 so I could stop messing with it. It's a known thing with no fix. There's discussion in the main Goosetuned thread.

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no tune here, and no issue , may something to keep in mind. Good luck in your search to solve problem !

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW I have a similar problem in Sport mode w/ no Accessport. I just installed my Accessport and will get my initial 2 logs to Goosetuned tomorrow. I also ordered the transmission tune from him with the expectation that it could address the shifting issue in Sport mode.
good luck.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to goose on the dynamic pedal control---mine did the same thing, but Goose can put the #3 sitting (I have the same) into your tune and it will never go back to zero!!! easyyyyyy!

go into your accesport and reset your TCM tune, so it can relearn your style---mine does not do that at all!!

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you plugged into laptop and updated to most recent software?

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last post I swear. Been very busy with work so getting round to my own stuff…

On my @COBB Tuning accessport with Goosetune ECM/TCM tune with all updates (checked) I am having the following issues:

A.) I set my pedal sensitivity to 3. It keeps dropping down to 0 randomly. Could be after 1 key cycle, could be after 20.

B.) One of my selected gauges is for current gear. At times it’s said I had 14 gears, 6 gears, 7 gears. Kind of concerning.

C.) In sport mode the truck will sometimes hang onto gears waaaaay to long to where I have to let off the gas or manually “shift”it. Dosent happen when not in sport mode. I only engage sport mode after driving for a bit. When taking a sharper than average turn the trans like to hang onto gears too long aswell. Feels like my rear locker is coming on kinda feeling.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Thanks for reaching out - a few notes:

A) We've made some improvements to how we're implementing Dynamic Pedal Control and other realtime adjustments to reduce the frequency of the setting reset. Make sure you're using the latest Accessport firmware and have a map resaved by your tuner. That said, we're up against some limitations of how the ECU manages KAM and have not been able to fully avoid these realtime adjustments being set back to their default values, which in the case of DPC is zero. If you are running a custom tune, your tuner can set a default DPC value to avoid this issue entirely.
B) Current Gear will display 0 when in Park/Neutral, 14 in Reverse, and then 1-10 depending on the actual gear when driving.
C) This is a system called Upshift Inhibit. On the factory tune in Sport mode, if you mash the gas pedal for a second and then let off, it will prevent an upshift from being commanded until you begin to accelerate with at least 10% throttle application. I think the idea from the factory calibrators is that maybe you're off-roading the truck or generally driving it hard, and don't want it to be constantly upshifting and downshifting as you let off throttle to go around a corner - in that use-case, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's pretty annoying. The behavior is disabled in OTS maps and can be disabled via custom tuning as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Sam@COBB