AC making noise but not blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GenoTX

Reaction score
So this has happened a couple of random times. I know it would never reproduce for the dealer to fix it. Happens maybe 1 in 20 times in the truck. It's hot outside. Normally the AC blows hard and cold(insert joke here). So this 1 in 20 thing, AC is on, thermostat on "Lo", fan in "auto" just like I always have it. I hear the AC blowing but its not coming out the vents. It's like the louvers that direct the air behind the dash aren't opening. I even hear the fan speed change as I change the settings, but its not coming out.
We are in the car for a few hours. AC was blowing strong. Stopped at a gas station to fill it up and when I cranked it up it happened again. Lots of noise, no blow. Is this system vacuum controlled like they used to be(I think). Tried shutting off the car and turning it back on twice with no success. Now we are stuck in the car for two more hours with no AC.
Any ideas?
Thanks
2023 has AC issues. “Block” is freezing up and air won’t flow. They haven’t figured it out. I’ve owned 2 2023 Raptor R’’s. No issues yet on my 2024

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had this same issue now 5 times. Dropped truck off (2023 R) for 5th time today July 9th. Posted in another thread, but this one is very relevant as its a current issue, copy pasted below:

From April 2nd:

My issue has been the same each time...Will not blow air more than level 1 speed no matter how high I turn it up (level 1 to level 7) and it's not cold at all, more like warm room temp air no matter how low I turn the temp.

I just got the truck back today for the 4th time and they said there is TSB 24-2093 and they reprogrammed the PCM and HVAC module along with drying out the evaporator case.

Rickmeister

Reaction score
I had this issue a half dozen times. See pic of the frozen lines. TSB was to reprogram two things (can’t recall the exact items, but I have the paperwork I could look up). I was highly skeptical, but it’s been 6 weeks and I’m still good. It’s been 90-100 degrees the past 2 weeks. It seems the AC doesn’t blow as hard and cold as it could before, but it’s still in a range of what I consider very acceptable.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 17

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had this same issue now 5 times. Dropped truck off (2023 R) for 5th time today July 9th. Posted in another thread, but this one is very relevant as its a current issue, copy pasted below:

From April 2nd:

My issue has been the same each time...Will not blow air more than level 1 speed no matter how high I turn it up (level 1 to level 7) and it's not cold at all, more like warm room temp air no matter how low I turn the temp.

I just got the truck back today for the 4th time and they said there is TSB 24-2093 and they reprogrammed the PCM and HVAC module along with drying out the evaporator case.

Got truck back this morning. New TSB 24-2212 - reprogram HVAC