4.56 Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapt

Reaction score
I cant believe the 2013 model is out and there still isnt a 4.56 or 4.88 for the 2011 + models

There must be someone that makes them.... anyone???

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to SDHQ about this a couple of weeks ago. Pinion bearing for the rear axle is just not available. Best solution is to find a 2010 axle (easier said then done) or swap in a Dana.

I'm looking into this as well since some 4.55's would really wake up the truck.

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's different about the bearings? Is that really the only difference or are any of the hardparts different as well? I'm interested in the bearing situation, I'll see if I can get any help sourcing new ones.

I'm assuming they're a tapered roller bearing but I've only ever pulled apart one differential. If anyone can get me specs on the bearings, I can see what I can do about finding them.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still nothing yet unfortunately. We are working closely with a manufacturer to develop a full replacement rear end, a Dana 80. That we will be able to gear to what the customer wants...

Johnyforty

Reaction score
This is the first I be familiar with that the diff equipment for 2011s are different than the 2010s. If I remember properly, the spline depend for front side and back axles is the same and I seriously question they would modify the providers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford