2024 Raptor shock corrosion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford denied my warranty replacement request. What’s my next step? Back left already looks like it may be leaking around the base of the corroded solenoid.
Well if it leaks then they have to replace entire shock I think. And if do one and has fixed solenoids and orange shock end then try arguing for them to replace other side....if not leaking just clean and shrinkwrap and drive.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s horseshit. You’re going to sell your flagship truck with corroded shocks right from the factory??

If I had social media I’d be tagging Ford and Ford Performance daily with nasty pics of my $115,000 corroded “super truck”

IMG_7142.jpeg

Nami

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2024 shelter green Raptor a few days ago. Love the truck so far and shift smoother and rides better than my 2017. However, I spent some time detailing it over the weekend and I noticed that three of my four shocks seem to have some corrosion on what looks like to the electronic valve area. It will not wipe off. And I do not want to send it. I was considering painting it but is this common on a brand new truck? Will this come back? My old 2017 Gen 2 did not have any corrosion at all on the shocks even after 6 years.
Thanks,
Tone
Just got my raptor and I don’t want that to happen. Wondering if Springs silicone or WD-40 on it might help. Are used to work on my motorcycle. I know WD 40 right? Usually lame but it does prevent corrosion.

Nami

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2024 shelter green Raptor a few days ago. Love the truck so far and shift smoother and rides better than my 2017. However, I spent some time detailing it over the weekend and I noticed that three of my four shocks seem to have some corrosion on what looks like to the electronic valve area. It will not wipe off. And I do not want to send it. I was considering painting it but is this common on a brand new truck? Will this come back? My old 2017 Gen 2 did not have any corrosion at all on the shocks even after 6 years.
Thanks,
Tone
OK better option just found something called Starbrite aluminum polish and protectant. Specifically designed to work on anodized aluminum. I’m giving it a try because I’ve seen that on a lot of raptors. Amazon 26 bucks

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your build date, it appears the new 2024 37 & R Raptors coming off the line have shocks where the solenoids are actually anodized, unlike the earlier 2024 builds that are delivered with corrosion.