2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BYKR GUY

Reaction score
As the title states, the dif on my 2024 truck has split open with about 2500 miles on the odometer. There is about a 1/4" split down the side of it (roughly 3 o clock position, horizontally), and ford is not wanting to cover it. My skid plate has no damage, and only sign of any wear is some lightly scuffed tow hooks. I would think that if I bottomed out hard enough for it to split, the skid plate would be damaged, and the split would be vertical from some sort of contact - correct me if I am wrong as I may very well be ignorant to what could/has happened. Has anyone else dealt with anything similar? If so, advice on how to proceed and try to get it covered? For what its worth, my dealer tried to help (so I think) and approved it on their end/submitted it to ford who has since denied it
Should be a scuff mark on the dif if you hit it on something . If there is not a mark , then it is probably a crack due to mis-manufacturing. If the dealer will not cover then go straight to the Ford Motor Company .

tractorman

Reaction score
At the Ford sponsored Raptor Assault, they jump the trucks, at least when I went. But they make it clear, and double-check, that you are in 2wd, and they also admonish you to lift off the gas pedal when you have launched. If it is ok to jump these at their sponsored school, then they are in a weak position to say you abused it by doing so. Of course, they set things up for a minor amount of air, predictable speed, etc.

I wonder if you accidentally jumped it in 4wd? Nothing else short of a bad casting explains this in terms of an impact from a jump.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this thread last week, didn't think much of it and pretty sure I jumped my truck further than ever this weekend.

Came back to check on this thread today to see if we learned anything. Doesn't appear that way, might as well set some new jump records.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the Ford sponsored Raptor Assault, they jump the trucks, at least when I went. But they make it clear, and double-check, that you are in 2wd, and they also admonish you to lift off the gas pedal when you have launched. If it is ok to jump these at their sponsored school, then they are in a weak position to say you abused it by doing so. Of course, they set things up for a minor amount of air, predictable speed, etc.

I wonder if you accidentally jumped it in 4wd? Nothing else short of a bad casting explains this in terms of an impact from a jump.
Jumping it in 4wd shouldn’t even be that big of a deal as long as you aren’t absolutely hooning the shit out of it. My wheels have left the ground in 4 and my diff is still in one price.