2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the title states, the dif on my 2024 truck has split open with about 2500 miles on the odometer. There is about a 1/4" split down the side of it (roughly 3 o clock position, horizontally), and ford is not wanting to cover it. My skid plate has no damage, and only sign of any wear is some lightly scuffed tow hooks. I would think that if I bottomed out hard enough for it to split, the skid plate would be damaged, and the split would be vertical from some sort of contact - correct me if I am wrong as I may very well be ignorant to what could/has happened. Has anyone else dealt with anything similar? If so, advice on how to proceed and try to get it covered? For what its worth, my dealer tried to help (so I think) and approved it on their end/submitted it to ford who has since denied it

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
the dif on my 2024 truck has split open with about 2500 miles on the odometer. There is about a 1/4" split down the side of it (roughly 3 o clock position, horizontally), and ford is not wanting to cover it

All stock, or modified? If modified, what mods?
What reasoning are they giving for not covering it, abuse? neglect?

Did you send it and hit really hard?
Any extractions made of other stuck vehicles?

that doesn't seem like a usual type failure.