2023 - R Button Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some of that stuff happens during updates as well. The update duration puts additional draw on the battery while in progress. I leave my truck on a battery tender and the nights that updates are scheduled for is when I notice the charge indicator is not saying fully charged the following morning. The truck will still go into hibernate even with the battery tender connected.

R,
HAP

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my R button decided to come back to life this AM, sigh... the joys of a 100K truck i suppose...
Maybe your Raptor identifies as a Trans-R. Sometimes it feels like an R, sometimes it don't. Or is that Almond Joy? I forget.

marcjuae

Reaction score
April build..2024 raptor R - just happened to me also with 3,000 kms (1,800mi) - randomly stopped... will try some of the stuff above and see.

Lurker5

Reaction score
Meant to post a thread on this earlier but never got around. Long story short, my R button stopped working after an OTA too. Did some searching and found a crazy post on an f150 forum saying…

Leave your hood open overnight and it will be working in the am.

Okay, unplugging the battery is not hard but nothing to lose since I park in a garage. And IT WORKED.

10/10 would recommend, unless you park on a street.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshD