2022 Order Banks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s your opinion on the remaining unscheduled orders?
From what I have been told by friends at Ford, if the dealer has an allocation it should get scheduled. My guess is that many of the unscheduled orders don't have a dealer allocation behind them. If the order doesn't get built, it will have to be reordered as a MY2022 . All F-150's will be on an allocation only basis to start the MY2022 ordering process. As I stated earlier, this is going to get worse before it gets better, as far a chip availability goes.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand where this keeps coming from. Raptors are a trim level to Ford, no different then an XLT or a Limited. If it is in the order guide (Raptor trim level is in the order guide) it will be available to order and be manufactured on schedule.

The delayed build times that a lot of us are seeing, along with limited availability to order is not specific to Raptors. It is affecting all trim levels of F-150's, in fact it is all vehicles that Ford builds. Ford stopped scheduling dealer stock orders for F-150's on 9/3. The worst part is, this will not get better anytime soon, the latest report is that chip supplies are going to get even tighter in the short term and it may be late Q3 or Q4 2022 before it gets any better and sometime in 2023 before it gets back to normal.

The bottom line is it won't be any easier (and may be even harder) to get an order in for a MY2022 that actually has an allocation behind it.
Talked to my dealer about the order banks earlier this week. He asked his regional Ford rep, who said that the MY22 Raptor won’t be available for ordering with the other MY22 F150 trims when the order banks open up on 9/30. You’re right that Raptor is a trim just like the others but, as with MY21, the MY22 order banks for Raptor aren’t going to open at the same time as the MY22 order banks for other F150 trims.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to my dealer about the order banks earlier this week. He asked his regional Ford rep, who said that the MY22 Raptor won’t be available for ordering with the other MY22 F150 trims when the order banks open up on 9/30. You’re right that Raptor is a trim just like the others but, as with MY21, the MY22 order banks for Raptor aren’t going to open at the same time as the MY22 order banks for other F150 trims.
I guess we will find out for sure on Thursday when the order banks open. For MY2021, the Raptors were not in the original order guide. The order guide was updated right before Raptor ordering started on June 10th.

NorCalRapT

Reaction score
Wish I knew the truth on the MY22 Raptors, my dealer had me do a MY21 build sheet and took a deposit for what I expect is a MY22 Raptor. Why would he take a deposit if the orders are not ready?

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah we’ll all know soon but both dealers I work with said it won’t be until later this year. Same as the 21 models.

Raptor King

Reaction score
Just checked order banks on Ford website and still reflects 21MY. I am in the same situation. Dealer told me I had allocation for 21MY and nothing. Now promises me his first 22MY allocation. On and on it goes.