2021 37pp - Shifter has tons of play - just started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All - Starting yesterday - was in a parking lot and was gonna back in a space - obviously wasnt looking at the shifter, just going off the 2 clocks from D-N-R.

Well the truck was in neutral...I was like WTF. So did the action again and all of a sudden there is about an inch! of play coming out of drive. (As in you can move the shifter up without pressing the button and that acts like a "click".

Anyway, annoying as hell. Anyone have this happen?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for 2021 models with various Gearshift Module concerns. It consists of a software update and GSM replacement if necessary.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to press the button to lower it and then raise it. But might just need to be replaced.

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for 2021 models with various Gearshift Module concerns. It consists of a software update and GSM replacement if necessary.
Thanks man I will get with Ford here in Dallas. Unfortunately, my rep I have had for 2 years left last week. Lots of turnover at Planet Ford @ Love Field