2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish dealerships were held to a higher standard and would change their sales tactics. It really is patheticwhen they use the same shit over and over again to get a sale.

You and me both TH...especially when a 20 year old clueless salesperson tries to explain "market demand" to me! I'm like whoa there son, I've bought more cars over the years than you are years old, knock off the BS and tell your Sales Manager he just lost a sale!!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You and me both TH...especially when a 20 year old clueless salesperson tries to explain "market demand" to me! I'm like whoa there son, I've bought more cars over the years than you are years old, knock off the BS and tell your Sales Manager he just lost a sale!!

If the sales manager wanted your business, he would have sold you the truck. As any smart businessperson would do, he'd rather sell it to the more valuable customer willing to pay top dollar.

I honestly don't understand all the butt-hurt entitlement on this site. Cheap bastards are not valuable customers. Get over it and move on.

PatAv8r

Reaction score
I figured. First time actually going through a dealer to order a vehicle so i took their word for it. Probably just didnt want me shopping somewhere else...but i guess it worked lol. Just wish i was a fan of the SCREW since they are widley available but its too long for my needs.

When do you think we will get official news from Ford of the 2019 specs? And how long after an order is placed do people get their Raptors? Ive seen anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months but im trying to get an idea of what the norm is.

I think you will officially hear from Ford on the 19s around August. It took me 4 1/2 weeks to get my special order built and shipped to California directly from the plant. If you’re waiting for the 19 because of the new shocks, I wouldn’t, they’re unconfirmed rumors.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

OK, you are much more pessimistic than me about dealers... I have bought trucks from them in the past without honesty issues, but you are probably right about these guys... slime balls! :mad:

Call an out of state dealer that will sell it to you at MSRP, send them your order and have it custom built with the exact features you want. Ford will ship it directly from the manufacturer line to your local dealer. I did that with mine, bought mine from Bob Maxey Ford in Detroit and had it drop shipped to a local dealer in California.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I wish dealerships were held to a higher standard and would change their sales tactics. It really is patheticwhen they use the same shit over and over again to get a sale.

It will never happen, Tesla does it right, until manufactures shift to a direct sales model, dealerships will always try to screw consumers.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
It will never happen, Tesla does it right, until manufactures shift to a direct sales model, dealerships will always try to screw consumers.

The goal is to find a dealer with the least amount of tackiness. Problem is, I'm running out of dealers. And when I finally found one, the salesman left. I'm trying to work with the same dealer I bought my wife's Explorer from recently, but when I ask about MSRP I get the "You're a repeat customer, I'll see what the manager will do" statement. That kind of statement does nothing but turn me off to that dealer.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the sales manager wanted your business, he would have sold you the truck. As any smart businessperson would do, he'd rather sell it to the more valuable customer willing to pay top dollar.

I honestly don't understand all the butt-hurt entitlement on this site. Cheap bastards are not valuable customers. Get over it and move on.

LOL, never been called a "cheap bastard" for offering full price for a vehicle before. And FYI, I did move on and found one at under MSRP! Saved $6K that'll go for mods and gas ;)

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van

Butt hurt entitlement? Cheap bastards?

Not all of us were born with a silver spoon and most who aren't, know the value of a dollar and are willing to wait rather than make a bad investment. After all it is just a Ford truck. While you believe people looking for a better deal are "cheap bastards", I see the people who pay ADM's, on Fords especially, as some of the biggest idiots of today's society. Similar to people paying hundreds of dollars for Elmo dolls many years ago and people dropping $500 more than retail for the newest iPhone. I understand supply vs demand, but I'm not one to fall for the the "gotta have it now" mentality.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jaz is one of those guys who doesn’t want anyone else to pay less than he did or have something better than he does. He gets pretty irate at RAM trucks being mentioned or people not wanting to pay ADM.

Either that or he’s just an idiot. I mean to truly not understand why people don’t want to pay a markup would make you one of the most idiotic people on the face of the earth.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dumbest post of the week