2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes time to sell our trucks, how many of us are going to ask for less than market because getting the most money for our trucks isn't fair to the buyer?

Hypocrites are hypocrites.

The market is created by the consumers, not the sellers. Have you seen the success rate around here of people trying to sell their used Raptors for MSRP because they paid ADM? It's not very good. But we are going off on a tangent here. Why are consumers, in your view, wrong to express their grievances? Why is capitalism ok but not free speech? Why do you berate those who express that they don't want to pay ADM? What does it have to do with you exactly?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So capitalism is ok, but free speech isn't?

Doubling down on that full retard condition are we?

Why is dealer shaming not ok with you? That's an option too, why do you have a problem with people you don't know shaming a company you don't work for?

I hate to get involved but ... in a nutshell, lots of people here are hypocrites who want it both ways

Capitalism and free speech are both ok

What he's pointing out - and what I completely agree with - is the endless bitching about dealers with an ADM so much so that people actually shame dealers, publicly call them out, etc

If you want to bitch about it, sure go ahead that is free speech but realize you're being a serious hypocrite because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would do the same if the tables were turned

You're selling your house which appraised at $300K, and you'll clear $30K at $300K. You have one buyer who is ready at $300K and another buyer swoops in at $380K. Do you let it go for "MSRP" or do you take the "chump who paid an ADM?"

I'll wait.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to get involved but ... in a nutshell, lots of people here are hypocrites who want it both ways

What he's pointing out - and what I completely agree with - is the endless bitching about dealers with an ADM so much so that people actually shame dealers, publicly call them out, etc

If you want to bitch about it, sure go ahead that is free speech but realize you're being a serious hypocrite because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would do the same if the tables were turned

You're selling your house which appraised at $300K, and you'll clear $30K at $300K. You have one buyer who is ready at $300K and another buyer swoops in at $380K. Do you let it go for "MSRP" or do you take the "chump who paid an ADM?"

I'll wait.

People do this all day long! how many give 100% to every hour they work?
Lot's of BS time is had during a work day.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'll wait.

I hope I didn't keep you waiting long...

If I was selling a home for and someone offered $380k I'd take 380. But that's not the equivalent to what's happening with ADM. ADM aren't MSRP cars where buyers are saying, hey, here's an extra 10k for your troubles.

I'm a consumer, not a car dealer. As a consumer, that's the side i'm going to argue.

If Jaz a dealer then fair play to him, I did specifically ask him what it has to do with him after all. No one is going to stop complaining because it bothers a stranger on the internet, unless that stranger is willing to pay the ADM.

There's been plenty of people who have complained and received recommendations on where to buy at MSRP. I myself have received several PM's asking for the dealership I used in CA that sells raptors at MSRP because I've responded to threads where people complained about ADM.

Who exactly is being helped by complaining about complainers?

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van

I'll wait.

Real estate has always been an investment that appreciates in value almost the minute you buy it. There are exceptions in some parts of the country, but I'm talking majority here. I've never sold a home for less than what I've paid and my most recent sales netted me 60k in just 3 years of ownership. An auto purchase depreciates the second you sign the papers. The example you used to make your point is weak. Market value is determined by comps, not by a certain seller that is driven by greed. Ford or any vehicle manufacturer for that matter should dictate the price, not individual dealerships. An automobile is not an appreciating asset driven by comps. Modify your Raptor and try to get back what you put into it in mod costs when you sell it. Do upgrades/additions to your house and you'll not only get your money back, but you'll often times make a substantial profit.

Now I'll use a better example than your real estate scenario. Let's say LG brings a new 70" TV to the retail market and releases the MSRP at $1500. Have you ever seen Best Buy attempt to sell a product for over MSRP?

I'll wait.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s been a previous post made indicating that dealers will shy away from catering to bottom dollar shoppers or what we might call tough negotiators, and instead prefer customers who are willing to pay ADM. While I can appreciate the finances involved in this equation, the dealer I bought my Raptor from doesn’t play that game, and counts on loyalty from getting a very good price - possibly not the absolute lowest, but probably very close - scores or hundreds of dollars difference at the top end. They surely give up money to urban dealers, who cater to urban consumers with more money than smarts.
But, they also build a relatively loyal customer base with their sales practices, and lack of overpricing.

I don’t have a problem with dealers charging what they think they can get. I thank God and Al Gore for an easily accessible repository of information for me to find information that shames and calls out these dealers so that I can make an informed decision to avoid them.

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A premium (ADM) above par (MSRP) is only as good as the market for it.

The dealers are paying below par (discount) for the investment (ie. the Raptor) and then adding in extra juice by way of the ADM for their own gain.

As the investor (that'd be us deplorables) the underlying rub is paying above par from a seller that obtained the investment at a discount. You're then left with a depreciating asset that you paid above par for without a market existing to buy your depreciated asset above par should you choose/need to divest it. The excess capital above par you've invested is now gone. The only way you're okay with this is if you plan on riding off into the sunset with your Raptor or you have so much disposable income you simply don't give a shit.

Also, I'd say its a fallacy to compare the sell of an appreciating investment (house, real estate, your original Star Wars figurines) to a depreciating asset (vehicles, equipment, your Lehman Brothers stock certificates).

And that homies is my attempt to provide a qualitative analysis for the whole MSRP vs ADM debate. :rofl:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each of you write about market, comps, demand in your replies, but I don't think any of you know what those words mean together

It's a shame that you advocate for capitalism on one hand but are quick to put it down when you're caught on the wrong side of it - selling like a Republican but buying like a Democrat