2018 Lead Foot Grey / Race Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would you (or even the dealer) try to order something that is not available on the '18? Plus that sounds like BS from your dealer. I would go to a different one.

Because I didn't know any better. I'm getting it for msrp from this dealer which is very difficult to do in Southern California. Not gonna go elsewhere due to a color hiccup.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I didn't know any better. I'm getting it for msrp from this dealer which is very difficult to do in Southern California. Not gonna go elsewhere due to a color hiccup.

So I just talked to my friend and AG isn't a selectable color when inputting an order into the system. If you're salesman is BSing you to the point of making shit up (unless he meant someone at his dealer said no and not Ford) why do you think they'll honor an MSRP deal?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just talked to my friend and AG isn't a selectable color when inputting an order into the system. If you're salesman is BSing you to the point of making shit up (unless he meant someone at his dealer said no and not Ford) why do you think they'll honor an MSRP deal?

I have a good relationship with the dealer. This isn't the first nor second vehicle I've purchased from this dealership or sales person. I've also referred friends. I'm confidant it was an honest oversight. If I'm wrong, you can say I told you so. I don't think I'm wrong.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a good relationship with the dealer. This isn't the first nor second vehicle I've purchased from this dealership or sales person. I've also referred friends. I'm confidant it was an honest oversight. If I'm wrong, you can say I told you so. I don't think I'm wrong.

Well what you initially posted is not possible. But good luck with your order either way.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would they discontinue Avalanche Grey? I thought it was their best color to date. I really liked Terrain as well. Does Ford do custom OEM paints?

I would have to see Lead Foot in person first.

These matte, lighter colors look great on trucks and are real practical for off road use since they hide a lot of dust and hairline scratches from contact with brush.

If you ever look at any of the hard-core MAN and M-B expedition vehicles, they are usually painted matte white, light grey, sand, or olive.

Ford doesn't offer any matte colors and if you were to get a scratch with a matte finish you can't just buff it out.

Ray Knight

Reaction score
I got mine in magnetic and it looks good, easy to clean but I would have ordered race red in a heartbeat if it were available! I'm not a big fan of the other darker red and I could not get the orange accent interior with it either. Next one will be race red!

OP
OP
G

Gerard66

Reaction score
Ordered mine today. Lead foot grey SCREW with 802 package. Hope the color looks good, I will post pics once delivered.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leadfoot grey looks like Toyotas Cement color.. it's an amazing color man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The DRis

Reaction score
I'm flip flopping between Leadfoot and magnetic. Lgihtning blue is also kinda in the running. What I'm stuck on right now is the tailgate Appliqué, its included in the 802A package which I would be ordering, but I don't know if I would delete it. If Ford would actually post some pictures it would be helpful...

OP
OP
G

Gerard66

Reaction score
I flipped back and forth between Magnetic and Lead Foot and was even keeping LB in the running. I finally made the commitment to Lead Foot as Magnetic is just an ordinary color seen on a magnitude of trucks and cars and Lead Foot though a questionable color is going to be limited.