2017 Raptor QandA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's a similar vacuum activated IWE, like the gen1, if that's what you're wondering.

to me this is more important than 50 more horsepower or all the other things that we are pondering about aesthetics , It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Maybe we just hope they fix it.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to me this is more important than 50 more horsepower or all the other things that we are pondering about aesthetics , It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Maybe we just hope they fix it.

Completely agree, I'd rather have rock solid 4x4 rather than lighter

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"It starts with a new block, heads, pistons, and intake, plus bigger turbos. Ford adds a dual-injection system, a combination of port and direct fuel injection, like Subaru uses on the BRZ/FR-S motor. That makes the H.O. 3.5 the first and only EcoBoost engine to use port injection. Ford calls this a second-generation EcoBoost, so maybe that dual-injection scheme will spread to other engines."

Direction injection, you say? Is the 3.5L EB direct injection?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When do you guys think it will be available to order?

I am delaying the upgrade of my work truck until it comes out :D

Right above you brother: "The all-new Raptor will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant, and goes on sale fall 2016."

solarfuel

Reaction score
Right above you brother: "The all-new Raptor will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant, and goes on sale fall 2016."

I was under the impression that it would be hitting the dealerships in Fall of 2016?

When i ordered my M5 a few years back, BMW let me place a order 8 months prior to release. I assume Ford will allow something similar?