2017 Raptor QandA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really think they are gonna put the 6.2L in there; I can't see them loosing sales for that long

so for example just for fun $50,000 for a raptor; sell about 100 per month thats 5 million for 12 months that 60 million dollars ford will loose in sales if they wait 1 year in the release of the new raptor. You really think its gonna be 2016??????

Ha that's a skewed post if I ever saw one. You really think the Raptors are 100% FREE for ford to build? No cost of parts, no cost of manufacturing, no cost of labor? Yeah 100 trucks a month for a year would be 60 million, but that's gross. Their net would be a fraction of that. And even still, it's not a full loss. There's guys buying regular 2015/2016 f150's because it's something new. Plenty of guys out there will trade in their aging raptors, buy a 2015/2016 f150, drive it for a couple years, then trade in again for a 2017+ Raptor. Maybe not as many guys with 13/14's, but guys with 10/11/12's all their trucks are 3-5 years old now, quite a few people end up getting something new around that mark when most vehicle payments are done with or warranties are up, and if there's no Raptor option available, it's not like Dodge or Chevy has anything comparable, so you're back to between regular models which ford is still selling regular f150's, and really damn nice ones at that!

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that nags me about my 2014 is my IWE durability. I really am waiting for that shoe to drop when I'm pushing it offroad .

I would REALLY like to know if they redesigned it for the 2017.

Does anybody have any insight to this?

Thanks

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's a similar vacuum activated IWE, like the gen1, if that's what you're wondering.