2017 Raptor QandA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Search on youtube for the f150 ecoboost torture test that Ford did back in 2010/2011 on the original 3.5 ecoboost engine that went into the trucks. I guarantee you a lot of your longevity/reliability concerns will be lessened. They flogged the living crap out of it without a hiccup. There's like 5 videos to the series so make sure you catch all of them. Very well worth the watch.
Something to go along with this kind of, I wonder how many people know or realize that Rogue Racing's "Raptor" is an Ecoboost F150? Maybe some of you guys should ask them how its holding up offroad in their truck with all the testing they do.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to know if the IWE design has changed, and if so how do they connect the front hubs?

Probably not. From the photos it looks identical.

But with the all wheel drive system it'll be different so most likely won't have iwe at all

runner33

Reaction score
I really hope they replace that IWF hasn't it been around form like 1990 or something like that??? as for the V6 or V8 most of this stuff was being done when gas was $4 gallon no way we are going back there for a while and did somebody mention 2018???? in a previous post what??? 2018??? I'll be in my flying car by then!! I really think they are gonna put the 6.2L in there; I can't see them loosing sales for that long

so for example just for fun $50,000 for a raptor; sell about 100 per month thats 5 million for 12 months that 60 million dollars ford will loose in sales if they wait 1 year in the release of the new raptor. You really think its gonna be 2016??????

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope they replace that IWF hasn't it been around form like 1990 or something like that??? as for the V6 or V8 most of this stuff was being done when gas was $4 gallon no way we are going back there for a while and did somebody mention 2018???? in a previous post what??? 2018??? I'll be in my flying car by then!! I really think they are gonna put the 6.2L in there; I can't see them loosing sales for that long

so for example just for fun $50,000 for a raptor; sell about 100 per month thats 5 million for 12 months that 60 million dollars ford will loose in sales if they wait 1 year in the release of the new raptor. You really think its gonna be 2016??????
You've reposted the same thing in like 5 different threads - seriously?

Ford has already confirmed it. Summer 16 order banks open, fall 16 delivery for a 2017 model year. I don't know why that's so god damned difficult for you to understand.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
#runner is a newbie. I was about to respond also as he posted the same damn post multiple times. LOL!

#runner .. please read the Ford press release. The 2017 Raptor will be available fall of 2016. And yes if they had the next raptor for sale now then Ford would sell it now. Has it occurred to you that the 2017 Raptor is NOT ready yet? Ford is prob still testing the new 3.5L V6 TT. The 3.5L V6 TT is all NEW when it comes out in the GT and Raptor. Of course there are many more details to be finalized like the interior. Ford has already stated that the 2017 Raptor will have 3 different interiors.

So relax and sit back and wait until the fall of 2016.

You've reposted the same thing in like 5 different threads - seriously?

Ford has already confirmed it. Summer 16 order banks open, fall 16 delivery for a 2017 model year. I don't know why that's so god damned difficult for you to understand.