2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Favorite part of the truck is Android Auto so far haha. It's much better than Sync 3 mode and feels on par with Audi MMI. Which is saying a lot because Sync 1 and 2 were very, very bad. If you have an Apple phone, throw it in the trash and get an Android just for this feature, the maps, music and other functions are just so well done and snappy, and the OK Google functions work far better than Siri.

Have you compared the Android Auto to the Apple Car Play? I'd imagine them being similar with the favorable one going towards whichever device you're more familiar with.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you compared the Android Auto to the Apple Car Play? I'd imagine them being similar with the favorable one going towards whichever device you're more familiar with.

Yes used both including Carplay on another vehicle, this was my first experience with Android Auto. Maps, app integration, music, voice assistant were all better on Android in my opinion. That's not to say Carplay was bad, I was exaggerating a little there but I was very impressed with Android.