2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love straight on shot with those methods to see offset. My methods are at the dealer waiting for my truck

Will get you one tmro. They stick out a little past the fender a little, maybe half inch.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Do you have the hood graphics? Would love to see a close-up of that as well.

No hood gfx. Didn't want bed gfx either but when I ordered originally they were paired with the tailgate applique so I got forced into it.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will get you one tmro. They stick out a little past the fender a little, maybe half inch.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

No hood gfx. Didn't want bed gfx either but when I ordered originally they were paired with the tailgate applique so I got forced into it.

You runnin stock tires?

cbb

Reaction score
I got to see one today.

It's going to make my wait even tougher

I'm very impressed with the truck

Congrats to the first owners

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorta the same here, bought a dealer ordered unit and it had the hood graphics but no side graphics. haven't really seen the hood graphics close up yet. Congrats again. So jealous.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You runnin stock tires?

Yes, I really like them. Normally I'd have Toyo AT2 Extreme for the snow but these seem good.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorta the same here, bought a dealer ordered unit and it had the hood graphics but no side graphics. haven't really seen the hood graphics close up yet. Congrats again. So jealous.

Thanks man. Haven't seen them on a truck yet either.

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
I purchased my new Raptor and drove it home today! Long story short, I had a preorder at one dealer and a high number allocation at another. (Neither one had Vin's). Me being the impatient person that I am, I could not leave well enough alone and searched Ford Dealer inventory search, Autotrader.com, eBay, Facebook, and cars.com multiple times a day. I called over 20 dealers about trucks I could see that they had enroute and everyone was sold to a customer.

My hard work and dedication paid off this morning. I made another call on a Raptor I saw that was ordered by a small dealer in Mississippi, which is 4.5 hours from me. They actually received the truck yesterday and it was not sold. They wanted 2.5k ADM, I politely refused and told them to call me back if they changed their mind. In about 15 minutes they called and offered 1k ADM over sticker. I gave in and agreed to the price, they priced my trade and off I went to pickup my new Raptor. Purchase went off without a hitch and now I am possibly the first actual owner in MS or LA.

The truck. I babied it the 250 miles back home but can tell you this. My trade in was a 15 F150 King Ranch, and previously owned a 12 Raptor. This truck feels like the regular 150 took steroids and worked out to become a raptor. It drives tighter and can noticeably more powerful. The suspension feels softer and floats over the road. The transmission does shift a lot more, 10 gears vs 6 so you should expect so. Smooth up and downshifts. The brakes do take more effort to push for stopping, not that I think they are worse than the 15 150 but just a different feel. I averaged 15.7 on the way home coasting around 78mph. The steering in normal mode feels tighter. I LOVE the new lines of the raptor. Looking in the side mirrors and seeing those rear fenders bulge out. The sync 3 radio is a better interface and I believe it sounds much better than the 15 sony.

Gen 2 vs Gen 1. Honestly can't tell yet, but I wouldn't trade for a gen 1. I love the torque of the ecoboost and can't wait for a few more miles before I put my foot into the new one. The technology of the gen 2 is light years ahead of the gen 1 obviously. The truck sounds like a throaty v6, which is what is and doesn't have to be a bad thing. It grows on you.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love straight on shot with those methods to see offset. My methods are at the dealer waiting for my truck

I drove my truck home about 130 miles at 70-75 the whole way, averaged 17.2 mpg according to the computer. Mix of different directions, little wind, lots of stop signs and hills.

Favorite part of the truck is Android Auto so far haha. It's much better than Sync 3 mode and feels on par with Audi MMI. Which is saying a lot because Sync 1 and 2 were very, very bad. If you have an Apple phone, throw it in the trash and get an Android just for this feature, the maps, music and other functions are just so well done and snappy, and the OK Google functions work far better than Siri.

Ten speed shifts well under normal driving, but the ratio spread is only so so. It's like they added 8 gears between first and 6th on the old transmission. The ZF 8 speed feels better and has a wider spread, this thing still revs like 1900 rpm at cruising which isn't great for mileage. And the truck has so much torque over a wide rpm range you could get by with like 3 or 4 gears. But I guess 10 gives bragging rights.

Steering modes feel the same on regular and comfort, and sport is really heavy in a good way.

Engine feels strong and I really like the turbo sounds. One of the biggest differences between this and the older gens is how quiet it is. I have an E63 Mercedes and this is about equally quiet, it's awesome for crusing. Throttle response is good. There's slight turbo lag in the normal modes when you hold a gear, nothing crazy though. Haven't tried sport mode yet.

The driver assistance features work great. Again, close to the tech that is coming in $100k+ German luxury sedans.

Seats are fantastic. Lights are good, better than I expected with some of the shit talking NHTSA was doing on the headlights.

Tried to get a quick offset shot. They stick out just a little, but I drive around in semi wet roads all day and even without mudflaps she stayed clean.

Attachments

• IMG_20161221_200746.jpg
    IMG_20161221_200746.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my truck home about 130 miles at 70-75 the whole way, averaged 17.2 mpg according to the computer. Mix of different directions, little wind, lots of stop signs and hills.

Tried to get a quick offset shot. They stick out just a little, but I drive around in semi wet roads all day and even without mudflaps she stayed clean.

Thanks man that's perfect. Looks great!

You enjoying the truck so far?

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man that's perfect. Looks great!

You enjoying the truck so far?

Just edited my post with initial impressions. But ya, I'm liking it even more than I expected. I'll try to get some better pics tmro.

Attachments

• IMG_20161221_201003.jpg
    IMG_20161221_201003.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited: