2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some of the reviews on here are better then the BMW guy who basically hates his Raptor. His review was disconcerting. Not even sure why he bought one if he was already wishing it had a V8.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some of the reviews on here are better then the BMW guy who basically hates his Raptor. His review was disconcerting. Not even sure why he bought one if he was already wishing it had a V8.

And there's plenty of great reviews elsewhere. He's coming from a world of big motors and modified vehicles. If he turns the wick up on the Raptor I'm sure we will all be impressed.

Hopefully my truck will get here soon. If it doesn't thrill me I'll just trade back in for a super duty. Not too worried as I don't think it will disappoint.

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
Micah Wright, The Cheat Sheet
From a performance standpoint, it does way more than anyone would realize
It drives so much smaller than it is. It’s so nimble.

Derek McNaughton, National Post
This truck can do it all. The engine power is perfect and suspension just right. Amazing truck.
I’m going to have to rework my entire article because this truck is so good.

Henry Payne, The Detroit News
This truck is amazing! Porsche is the only other manufacturer that will let journalists drive their vehicles this hard at an event.
In terms of raw comfort on these trails (rock crawling), it’s better than the Wrangler

Vincent Nguyen, Slash Gear
I’m speechless. Wow, just wow.
This is beyond epic.
I was really impressed by the amount of instantaneous power. The throttle response made the truck feel lighter and more nimble

Howard Elmer, Auto Focus
What impressed me the most is that after you are done racing around the desert, you can drive it home. There’s no fuss, no muss. So good.
That was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. It’s an amazing truck.
There is nothing on the market that touches this.

Jared Gall, Car and Driver
There are no cars on the market, in any price point, that accomplish their goal as well as this truck, sports cars or otherwise.
I’m really glad you guys decided to go ahead with a second generation.
It’s a really niche market. There is no true competition for this truck.
I can’t think of a single thing I would change

Stephen Elmer, AutoGuide
I’m surprised by how good it is on road. It’s so much better than the last truck
I actually said while driving, “I want to buy one.” I asked my coach.

Vincent Aube, RPM
I have to move from Montreal to here because this is so much fun.
I’m very happy with the level of refinement in the truck.

Dan Heyman, AutoTrader.ca
It was like another level. I’ve never done anything like that before.
It’s amazing how much that truck can do. We weren’t even pushing it.
It’s actually quite forgiving, too. And fast.

Brenden McAleer, Globe and Mail
The truck is technically very impressive. The high speed was very exciting.
In sport mode, you can hear the extra burble in the exhaust.

Francis Lalonde, Autonet
That was great, I want to do it again!
The suspension is unbelievable. The tires are made for that truck, whether you’re on the road or the high-speed course.

Alex Kierstein, Autoblog
My only complaint is that we didn’t have enough time with the truck

Gary Gastleu, Fox News
It feels so sporty because of the power and the response.
It feels like a sports car with the blips in the downshift.
It was like surfing on sand.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I didn't take anything away from his review that led me to believe that he hated the truck. He's like anyone else, just trying to figure out how to make new technology behave the way he wants it to.

Of course there are going to be less than favorable reviews from owners. It's the way it always has been. It's really the only reason that weird stuff is still produced when it basically makes zero sense to us (i.e.- square wheel wells on the Chevys. Still can't figure that one out).

Get yours and post your own opinion. It may be completely different than this or that guy. He obviously is going to be someone who goes in a totally different direction than you will but he may come up with a way to make amazing power that is still dependable that you all can use down the road.

This is the process. We all had bone stock Raptors when we first bought them and looked at what others are doing to them to make them unique. We take little bits away from others to make our own Raptors unique and our own.

Good luck with your project, and make sure to post your opinion once you have some seat time.....

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't got many miles on it yet but I'll update soon.

Just got Methods and Husky floor liners put in.

Would love straight on shot with those methods to see offset. My methods are at the dealer waiting for my truck