2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cincinnati Raptor

Picked up Oxford White SCREW late Monday afternoon (Dec 26th) which was ordered on November 1st and built on December 7th. I tinted the windows yesterday (3M Color Stable 20) which matches the rear windows perfectly and adds a ton of looks to the truck. I still feel like I need to do something else to individualize the appearance (some sort of graphics), but I am not exactly sure what to do. Pictures and thoughts would be much appreciated.

As for driving impressions, here are my thoughts:
1) The truck is definitely more responsive than the two Gen 1 trucks that I test drove (that is not a dig at Gen 1 owners).
2) The torque converter is more pronounced than I am accustomed to in my Nissan Armada SUV. It definitely doesn't engage as quickly if you accelerate slowly.
3) I like the ride, but it is not as luxury car soft and smooth as many seem to imply. It still rides like a truck, but a very nice truck at that. For as big as it is, there is very little body roll/motion, so winding roads are actually kind of fun.
4) The transmission skips gears 2 and 4 every single time unless you are accelerating hard. It seems to use all other gears religiously. I have had no issues with any weird or erratic shifts. I personally would like to see gears 2 and 4 get used.
5) I am one of the extreme minority that ordered the cloth seats. That said, I am very happy with how they look and feel. If you are on the fence about getting them, have no fears. The only feature that I really miss by getting the cloth seats is having the larger center display. The smaller display is almost useless as a backup camera monitor.
6) The engine sound ...... it may not match the Gen 1 V8, but it doesn't sound bad from my perspective. It may growl instead of roar, but I like it.

If there is anybody near Cincinnati that wants to get together for some wings and beer to compare notes, definitely let me know.

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff

Can you post some pics of the cloth seats. Very interested in going this route.

Not the best pictures, but hopefully it gives you what you need. If not, let me know and I will take more later.

Attachments

• Driver Seat2.jpg
    Driver Seat2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 430
  • Rear Seat.jpg
    Rear Seat.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
800A. Im sure the forms would love a detailed write up on what to expect out of an 800A. Its a very rare order as it doesn't have any of the options. I'm fairly curious as well. I ordered an 801A and my heart skipped a beat when I thought I might have ordered cloth seats lol thanks for clarifying.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up truck last Friday on December 23. Truck had 55 miles on the odometer and had been driven by ford for quality testing. Build date was November 12.

Truck has been flawless. Coming form mostly driving a F250 for the last 20 years, I would even say the truck has a plush ride.

Transmission has been smooth and not missed a single shift in normal and sport modes. In normal all I can say is it wants to get to 10th gear and stay in 10th. Engine has enough tongue to pull this off. Sport mode wakes the truck up and it holds all gears longer and seems to keep the RPMs of the engine around 2,000 instead on 1,00 to 1,200 in normal mode.

Posted pictures of carbon fiber, the shiftier is huge.

Are your seats 100% leather, or just the sides? The center portion looks like the fabric used on my 800A cloth seats which are 100% cloth.