2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrock

Reaction score
@Kansan or anyone with the orange interior accent package, can you post some detailed pictures of the front seats and the accents on the door and dash? And/or can you tell me whether the seats are still all leather with the accent package? In some pictures, it appears to have suede inserts or vinyl, and in the F-150 ordering guide it mentions something about it being cloth and leather. Trying to decide if I really want that on my pending order, as the details on that option are somewhat limited.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Kansan or anyone with the orange interior accent package, can you post some detailed pictures of the front seats and the accents on the door and dash? And/or can you tell me whether the seats are still all leather with the accent package? In some pictures, it appears to have suede inserts or vinyl, and in the F-150 ordering guide it mentions something about it being cloth and leather. Trying to decide if I really want that on my pending order, as the details on that option are somewhat limited.

You got it

Overall I like the way it turned out and am glad I dumped CF for it. The Interior accent and AG make for a slick combo. I'm sure it doesn't go well with every color option but here it looks good. I didn't want my shifter to be plastic CF and preferred leather so this was a good fit.

On the seats, between the orange and black seat there is a strip of "suede". Having felt it, I don't think it's actual suede but a cloth faux suede instead.

BRMAIFU.jpg
I4BfByX.jpg
PlM98jH.jpg
JKcojrg.jpg
gRM0a1x.jpg
o864HOU.jpg
wBPIbX1.jpg
EQUzIpC.jpg

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Do you know if this is intentional or a transmission issue? Does it do that in normal mode as well as sport mode? Thanks.

It skips those two gears by design, hence, no transmission issues. I know it does it in Normal mode, but I will have to check on Sport mode. Sport mode keeps the engine revving higher than I need for my commute to and from work, so I will have some decisions to make if the gears aren't skipped in Sport mode.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got it

Overall I like the way it turned out and am glad I dumped CF for it. The Interior accent and AG make for a slick combo. I'm sure it doesn't go well with every color option but here it looks good. I didn't want my shifter to be plastic CF and preferred leather so this was a good fit.

On the seats, between the orange and black seat there is a strip of "suede". Having felt it, I don't think it's actual suede but a cloth faux suede instead.

[

Dang man that actually looks really good!

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It skips those two gears by design, hence, no transmission issues. I know it does it in Normal mode, but I will have to check on Sport mode. Sport mode keeps the engine revving higher than I need for my commute to and from work, so I will have some decisions to make if the gears aren't skipped in Sport mode.

Gears are not skipped in Sport Mode. Drove around with that on all day yesterday.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gears are not skipped in Sport Mode. Drove around with that on all day yesterday.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think there is anything that can be done for Normal mode, but if somebody knows how to prevent 2nd and 4th gear from getting skipped under normal acceleration in Normal mode, please share.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I don't think there is anything that can be done for Normal mode, but if somebody knows how to prevent 2nd and 4th gear from getting skipped under normal acceleration in Normal mode, please share.

Run it in manual normal mode and use your paddle shifters

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
Why are you guys concerned about skipping 2 and 4? Is not going to hut the transmission by doing so. I have a 6MT C6 Corvette and I skip 3 and 5 all the time in slow driving conditions and never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk