2015 Platinum now or wait on new raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heater

Reaction score
I can guess what the answer here will be but figured I'd try for input. I could do the platinum now and do a lift, rims and tires or wait a few months and order the raptor. By "a few" I mean 14...

D

Deleted member 12951

Either buy a raptor now or sock away funds and get the new one. You can't compare it to a platinum, day and night.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrong forum to ask that question. I'm pretty sure every single response on here is going to be RAPTOR. I traded a Lariat for my first Raptor and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to go back to a regular F-150 again. Buy a used 13-14 now and enjoy the shit out of it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plainum + lift, rims, tires does not equal Raptor

You will immediately lose $10k when you drive that new Platinum off the lot. If your plan is to get something now and drive until the '17's come out, then get something used and live with it. I bought a '13 Platinum and then decided to buy a '14 Raptor. Paid about $50k for the Platinum, and after 6 months they gave me a ****** trade value (I had put about 35k miles on it....).

Another option would be to look for a Gen 1 Raptor and drive it for a few years. Get to know the Rap, learn what it can do. Then when you are ready to get the Gen 2, you'll have some idea what they are all about.

Just my $.02

Good luck with your decision!!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by "order" a 14? they stopped production a year ago. you can only find new ones on dealer lots, and with an obscene sticker price.