2015 Platinum now or wait on new raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been going through this dilemma for about two months. I like the Platinum and would enjoy it as a DD but I go dirt biking and am off road a fair amount. My Ram 1500 and my buddy's truck rattle like crazy on washboarded gravel roads heading out to the riding areas. I don't tow all that much either so any capability that a max tow Platinum would have over a Raptor wouldn't matter too much.

Really been on the fence about it, mainly because of having to wait. But if both were available side by side, optioned exactly the way I'd order them, being honest with myself I'd take the Raptor all day long. So I've decided that I will wait, wait to get what I really want. But that wait is going to suck...:pp:

Oh and hello and all that, first post here.

Hi and Welcome... I've been in a similar holding pattern. Wait is painful but I'm also waiting to see what the selling prices will be for modestly equipped Raptors. If too high, I may go after a 2014.

One thing that does annoy me a tad is the entertainment system in my wife's 2015 Explorer. It's a nice truck but the touch screen system is slow and just a pain to operate, especially while driving. I'm hoping the Gen2 Raptor's entertainment system will be an upgrade to what we currently have in our 2015 Explorer Sport.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome... I've been in a similar holding pattern. Wait is painful but I'm also waiting to see what the selling prices will be for modestly equipped Raptors. If too high, I may go after a 2014.

One thing that does annoy me a tad is the entertainment system in my wife's 2015 Explorer. It's a nice truck but the touch screen system is slow and just a pain to operate, especially while driving. I'm hoping the Gen2 Raptor's entertainment system will be an upgrade to what we currently have in our 2015 Explorer Sport.

Lol we have a '15 Explorer Sport too. Didn't see the '16 facelift coming or we would have waited for that too. By the time we're ready for a new one we'll probably get the last year of the present body style right before the all new one pffft...

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol we have a '15 Explorer Sport too. Didn't see the '16 facelift coming or we would have waited for that too. By the time we're ready for a new one we'll probably get the last year of the present body style right before the all new one pffft...

Haha..totally! i didn't see the '16 facelift either... so frustrating!

dutko2385

Reaction score
I would wait...

So, if you are going to get a new 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum that is totally fine because it is a pretty awesome truck, but we all know the wait for the Raptor is going to be worth it. At the end of the day you won't be as happy and you'll probably keep modding your F-150 and spending more in the long run to be more satisfied.

Save yourself money, stress and wait to buy something you truly want like the new Raptor the it is released. Also, resale on the Raptor will be better in the long run as well.

Last edited:

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 raptor all day. There is no other option! You can't understand unless you've owned one. I'll never sell this truck. Nothing else compares. Look at it this way. Get a used one, and then you have that much more money for upgrades!!

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if you are going to get a new 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum that is totally fine because it is a pretty awesome truck, but we all know the wait for the Raptor is going to be worth it. At the end of the day you won't be as happy and you'll probably keep modding your F-150 and spending more in the long run to be more satisfied.

Save yourself money, stress and wait to buy something you truly want like the new Raptor the it is released. Also, resale on the Raptor will be better in the long run as well.

My thoughts exactly. I'd like it, until the Raptor is available....

I had been thinking about a leveling kit (at least) larger tires, how much that would cost etc. I'd rather take the wait and not have regrets when that time comes.

Does anyone know anything about the three different interiors that will be available on the '17 Raptor?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the three different interiors that will be available on the '17 Raptor?

Sadly no. Ford has been pretty tight lipped about pretty much everything on the 2017 so far. There are no hard numbers, specs, or layouts yet. Been pretty boring around here as of late due to the lack of new info.