2015 Platinum now or wait on new raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you are wanting something new, but look at this from a different view:

You could buy this http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f41/2010-flame-blue-raptor-6-2l-sale-55-000-miles-43913/ and sell it when the new Gen 2 comes out and not lose a dime. That's a smart investment. You can't say that about too many vehicles these days.....

Or this http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f41/2010-5-4l-molten-orange-scab-sale-43919/

Either of these trucks will most likely give you back everything you pay for them in a year and half.

Just my $.02

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was in your position.....

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with @2014RubyRed ^^^^. There are quite a few 2014 Raptors out there with under 10K miles also that can be bought at a somewhat decent price and in two years you might loose $1K on the deal. That really is a good investment unless you plan on buying the Platinum and keeping it for forever then the depreciation on it wont matter. Here's an example since you're new and probably didn't read my thread. I had someone that wanted my 2014 Roush really bad and paid me just under $85K since I really didn't want to see. Not only did I make money on the deal but I wound up finding another 2014 Roush with only 1800 miles more on it than the one I sold for a lot less than $85K. The truck has 3400 miles on it and I guarantee you if I wanted to sell it I could get at least $70K for it from someone with a little effort and I only paid $62,500. I bet that you won't be able to do that with a Platinum.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used 2014 Raptor (or any year) is > than any 2015 F-150. Definitely buy a Gen 1 Raptor, then trade it on the new 2017 Raptor when it comes out. Or even better wait til 2018 or 2019 when they add/tweak a few things. Not only does this make more financial sense, but you'll also enjoy it more.

horak24

Reaction score
did you buy the white Roush in Ohio? sounds like the one my buddy sold not too long ago, his name is Dan.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I am struggling NOT to buy a new truck and wait, love my 2011 with 52k miles, but I am used to buying a new truck every 2-3yrs....... crazy Ford is making us wait so long.

OP
OP
H

Heater

Reaction score
Didn't buy the roush.

It's so hard having the same vehicle for more than 3 years

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't buy the roush.

It's so hard having the same vehicle for more than 3 years

I typically trade at 50k miles or yearly. This is the first vehicle that I have decided to keep because I like it so much. It's just a truck, but damn it's fun to just turn onto a gravel/dirt road and smash on it for an hour or so. Or drive in absolute comfort for 12 hours and then take it anywhere and do anything (within reason) and drive it home again without a worry in the world.

There aren't a lot of vehicles out there, of any kind, that you can have this much fun in without tearing something up. We literally drove 400+ miles off road in the Colorado Mountains for 3 days and no one had a trip ending failure. That is a testimony to the strength of these things.

No way you could do that, where we went, at the speeds we traveled in a regular truck and not destroy it.

Buy a Raptor now, new or used, and you will not regret it. You may even decide to own it longer than you think......

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a 2014 Raptor! I just traded mine on a Platinum last week, and I hate it. The fit and finish is horrible. The paint has some flaws, and there are just some not well thought out design issues, both interior and exterior. I would unwind this deal if I could, and I am in the Platinum in a great position.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

You can still find a new Raptor.....if you can afford a new Platinum and put $10k - $15k into it, why not get the best to start with???

Where can you find a new Raptor that isn't a Roush or Shelby? I've seen some low mileage ones out there, but not new. I'm trying to find one myself.