2015 Platinum now or wait on new raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I am in the wrong business, what do you guys do for a living that trade in every 2-3 yrs and 50k :hitit: My Titan is 11yrs old with 180K waiting for the 2017 Raptor to replace, and thats about average for me.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to buy something used is the problem.

You're crazy. Low interest rates on CPO. Bought new 2014 KR...drove for 5 months and traded it in. Bought for $47k OTD, got $42k trade in. Bought 2013 Raptor used with 28k...still worth what I paid for it. Still under warranty and eligible for Flood Ford ESP, since I'll be keeping this for a while.

Complaints on 2015's are through the roof. I'd buy now used, rather than continue to donate to the Ford grand childrens' college fund by buying new and trading in.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting take on getting a Gen 1 then trade it in when the '17 comes out. I'm in market as well but thought to hold out, save a bit more $, then order a '17. I would've thought that would've been the financially sound thing to do but perhaps getting a Gen1 is smarter... interesting!

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer told me he'd be taking orders shortly...for what it's worth and I was talking to the owner of the dealership.

Secondly, part of the reason I bought a Raptor, it had evreything +++ I wanted and was CHEAPER than a Platinum!! (by at least $5,000)

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
My dealer told me he'd be taking orders shortly...for what it's worth and I was talking to the owner of the dealership.

Secondly, part of the reason I bought a Raptor, it had evreything +++ I wanted and was CHEAPER than a Platinum!! (by at least $5,000)

The Raptor was the 3rd most expensive F-150 you could buy. It was Platinum, King Ranch then Raptor.

The Raptor of course was far more rare than the top two models though...

jchilcoat15

Reaction score
I had a 2013 loaded fx4 and ordered a 14 raptor. the suspension on the raptor alone is worth it. I don't know how much off road driving or gravel/dirt roads you travel on but I won't own another truck with "standard" suspension. buy a low mileage raptor and you won't lose near as much as you would on a new truck.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a low mile Gen 1 and avoid the hassle of all those Gen 2 lovers standing in line to try and give their Gen 2 back in trade for a Gen 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk