2014 order status thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
99 is not valid. It can only be 10-19. Most dealers will do a dummy build when 1st talking to a customer and these build will often have a 99 priority.

Ask your dealer again. If he really sent in your order then it would have a priority of 10-19.

I ordered mine on 11/14 and the DORA came back as priority 99. I figured it was 99 because dealer has 20 already in the hopper. I figure I just need to wait my turn until they can lower the priority once the other ones go to order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
Hi all. Can someone clarify something for me. I ordered a 2014 in early October. Just stopped by the dealership today to check status. They told me the order had been "pulled", but that there was no VIN yet. Later in the conversation he said ford had basically "accepted" the order. I had been under the impression that when the order was pulled the VIN was assigned at that time? If that is not the case, how long does it usually take from being pulled to VIN assignment. Thanks for the help guys.

D

Deleted member 12951

99 is not valid. It can only be 10-19. Most dealers will do a dummy build when 1st talking to a customer and these build will often have a 99 priority.

Ask your dealer again. If he really sent in your order then it would have a priority of 10-19.

That's really interesting. Here is the top half of my DORA. I thought I was reading in one thread that 99 was valid but merely a place holder and the priority ranges from 10-99?

EDIT: Hey thanks a million Raptor911!! I contacted the dealer. They called Ford and changed the priority to 19. They said there was a mistake and will be sending me my new updated DORA on Monday.

Attachments

• Dora.JPG
    Dora.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up my SE Ruby Red Screw today. Too bad it's raining in VA though. Build date was 11/5 for those interested in the build to delivery ballpark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats. Mine was built 11/8 and is at the dealer. I'm picking it up fri or sat. Same RR SE Screw.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems as if dealer allocation has a lot to do with the wait time. I believe dealers can still place the order if not allocated any Raptors but they will not pull the order until the dealer gets allocated. I think it's a good question to ask when shopping around. I'll let you guys know how I make out. I ordered mine on 11/8 and my dealer emailed me today saying he expects the Ford to pull the order next week. They had allocation when I placed the order.

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
It is definitely a good question to ask, and something I wish I would have looked into a little more before forking over a sizeable deposit. Unfortunately its hard enough to get a straight answer at a car dealership on something simple... let alone on something as seemingly arbitrary as dealer allocations and priority levels.

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems as if dealer allocation has a lot to do with the wait time. I believe dealers can still place the order if not allocated any Raptors but they will not pull the order until the dealer gets allocated. I think it's a good question to ask when shopping around. I'll let you guys know how I make out. I ordered mine on 11/8 and my dealer emailed me today saying he expects the Ford to pull the order next week. They had allocation when I placed the order.

Locktech
Please keep us updated. I ordered mine on 11/12 and nothing done on it yet. My dealer told me they did not have an allocation for a Raptor when I ordered but they put it in as a retail order . They don't expect a delay in me getting it and said I should have it by January. We will see......
Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

I thought a retail order was a sold order and doesn't affect allocation, that Stock orders are dealer inventory and do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrapdup

My dealer said that Ford accepted the order the day I was in and put a deposit down. They ordered it that day. My guess is they didn't have allocation and still may not. Ask them and let us know. I'm curious because it sounds like they're jerking you around. Dealers suck sometimes, that's for sure.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

RDFTS

Not sure about the difference between retail and stock. When I ordered my truck I asked the sales manager about wait time he told me "around eight weeks and I'm not worried because we have allocation" I guess we'll see.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Bar

When did you order yours?

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My window sticker showed up today. My build date is 12/4.

Order was placed 9/9, VIN was assigned 10/21. I hope to pick it up before Christmas.