GEN 1 2013 Moonroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate some help here:

The problem I have is what most of you have experienced...(entire Ford lineup where a moonroof is installed): #Moonroof Failure.

1. Does anybody know a "decent" shop in the Northern Virginia that specializes in removing old moonroof hardware and installing new hardware? I have the new kit (rails, brackets, track, etc.) Glass, motor are OPK! I say "decent" because so far I heard that nobody wants to do this for less than $1K...! Hard to swallow!

2. When doing this do you have to remove the entire headliner, door rubber sealers, chairs...? I have seen some videos and basically most of the cabin comes apart...And all this just to replace the hardware for the moonroof?

Any helpful feedback, hints, or related information is of Great help!

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Just follow the YouTube videos or search for threads on here

No need to make another one

Cheers.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just follow the YouTube videos or search for threads on here

No need to make another one

Cheers.
As much as I would like to say <<thank you>>...I am asking myself why did you bother to respond...as you did not provide any help.

I understand you are THE "CleverGirl...but c'mon...where is the "clever" part?

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you've seen videos on how to do it, that's about it. Trucks been out for 11 years the process hasn't magically changed.
The Moonroof is under the headliner and the headliner is under all the other trim.
Try not to break any plastic trim while doing it is all I can say

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The Moonroof is under the headliner"
Actually the moonroof sits above the headliner...this is why I was asking the question. Can this job be done from the top, without removing the headliner and the rest of the trims?

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the moonroof sits above the headliner...this is why I was asking the question. Can this job be done from the top, without removing the headliner and the rest of the trims?
Under as in layers, if you can't infer that I don't know what to tell you. Pull all your panels, try not to break 11 year old plastic and replace the broken pieces and never use it again.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously today is a bad day on this forum for several members that are not able to understand the difference between Helping and just Posting with zero benefits...