2013 F150 Headlights listed on fordparts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys if he is indeed able to swing a complete package for $1400 that is giving them away. Like duc said, piecing these heads together is a major pita and very very expensive. Basically you have to really really want these bad boys!!
Yes I have a set ordered, will be here Friday. Hosse was right, for now they are not coming with anything but the headlight shell so for this set I have to source each component separately which is a PITA and very expensive, as hosse has cover very well in this thread... thank you.

My supplier can order all the rest of the OEM components on Oct 1st. Shortly after then I will have a complete package for everyone in the $1200-$1400 price range.

Sorry guys but if you want a plug and play package you will just have to be patient. These heads were just released last week and its going to take a few weeks for the remaining oem products to trickle out. For some reason Ford is not letting us buy all the components right now. They are making it very difficult for 2009-2012 halogen guys to upgrade, maybe it has to do with manufacturing and all the components are going into production trucks right now.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I just cant get any good photos. All I have is my phone for a camera and it sucks. Here are a low and high shot anyway. Not to take anything away from the OEM HIDs but clearly the cutoff line is no where near as clear as the aftermarket projectors but I did expect & knew that going in. Like I said the whole time, I did this for the appearance - not the illumination. Regardless, they are MUCH brighter than the OE lights.

I just cant decide how high I want these things aimed. There is just such a fine line between too low and questionably too high. The pics are before I raised them.

Attachments

• IMG_20120924_201735.jpg
    IMG_20120924_201735.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20120924_201742.jpg
    IMG_20120924_201742.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing too I forgot to mention through this whole process:
I thought it would be available by now but it is on backorder by Ford. The retainer that holds the bulb in the headlight cannot be had.

I attached a picture of a retainer I made for both my retros. Worked perfect. Just took a piece of strapping, bent it to the shape of the bulb, drilled 2 holes for the screws and installed. I insulated the inside of the strapping with some tape/glue/sticky stuff/foam insulation for vibration.

Evidently through what I have heard from others via pms, the ballast to bulb cable is also on backorder through Ford. If you read my post with the ebay link, I reference ballasts that come with that cable. I just had to modify the end of the cable where it plugged into the bulb from a 90 degree angle to more like a 45 degree angle where it wouldnt rub the projector.

Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Attachments

• IMG_20120925_091416.jpg
    IMG_20120925_091416.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 79

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is the bulb type. There arent many OEM D3S bulbs offered, although I know u can buy CBI's in D1S and seen advertisements for a CBI in D3S but haven't seen one out yet.
The brights are legit. When adjusting your beam;
measure from the ground up to the projector, mounted in the actual headlight on your truck to get your height. Keep that measurement in mind and At 25feet, the bottom of your cut-off needs to be 2.1"-2.5" under your headlight (measurement) to be DOT.
Your beam should always have an angle of some sort.

As far as the output goes, thanks for the shots. I woulda imagined the beams to be wider at least though. They need some modding but def. an upgrade from the OEM '12. Worth the money after modded?! If you have it! LoL aesthetics wise, growing on me. Looking good! Thanks again for all ur input!

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth - that shot was taken standing on the driver side running board so that kind of makes it look like it doesnt throw as far out to the side as it does.

Another thing to keep in mind is the bulb type. There arent many D3S bulbs to choose from either.
The brights are legit. When adjusting your beam;
measure from the ground up to the projector, mounted in the actual headlight on your truck to get your height. Keep that measurement in mind and At 25feet, the bottom of your cut-off needs to be 2.1"-2.5" under your headlight (measurement) to be DOT.
Your beam should always have an angle of some sort.

As far as the output goes, thanks for the shots. I woulda imagined the beams to be wider at least though. They need some modding but def. an upgrade from the OEM '12. Worth the money after modded?! If you have it! LoL aesthetics wise, growing on me. Looking good! Thanks again for all ur input!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, Try taking some shots with the cam mounted near center channel speaker/center console area?! These lights are that expensive, be great to get your best shots ya know. :)

I could about imagine how dealerships would react when a 12' raptor with '13 lights drives in for a trade?! Haha, Be priceless!

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how many people actually notice the difference. We'll never know....

Gotcha. Try taking some shots with the cam mounted near center channel speaker/center console area?! These lights are that expensive, be great to get your best shots ya know. :)

I wonder what dealerships would say on trade ins driving up in a 12' raptor with '13 lights?! Haha, Be priceless!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None the less, an upgrade for sure. I bet when/if they have some CBI bulbs out for D3S applications, the output these projectors throw might surprise a few. After all, it's still OEM so how much performance is actually expected. The kewl factor is def. there. job well done!

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS