$2.99 Sub Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this $3 mod a few days ago and after a few days of testing I must admit there is a slight improvement. Thanks for the cheap mod!

Dave

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this mod today thought it was a good idea use to use insulation in the old days building our own speaker boxes. Sounds alot tighter and crisp! By the way this cost me nothing have some nice Leather Couches that have a little less stuffing! Thought the cushions were a little to stiff anyway. Love this site. Been reading it for awhile just joined.

Thanks Chris

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this mod today thought it was a good idea use to use insulation in the old days building our own speaker boxes. Sounds alot tighter and crisp! By the way this cost me nothing have some nice Leather Couches that have a little less stuffing! Thought the cushions were a little to stiff anyway. Love this site. Been reading it for awhile just joined.

Thanks Chris
did the wife/girlfriend notice the couch missing some stuffing?

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this mod, and I can tell an improvement. It's not drastic, but well worth the $3 and 10 minutes it takes to do it.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this tomorrow. I've got some left over Dynamat, do you think adding it along with the polyfil will make any difference?