$2.99 Sub Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my audio settings are wrong, got these from another thread, so I will give them a try:
If you have the factory nav package and want to really push your speakers there are 4 things you need to do.

1. Turn the SCV(Speed Compensated Volume) up to 6. The adjustment goes up to 7, but at 7 the volume fluctuates too much and it's annoying. 5-6 is good.

2. Bass, all the way up.

3. Treble, up 2 notches

4. Fade to front 1-3 notches.

The SCV almost acts like a gain when driving at speed. You won't notice much of a difference when stopped but once you get above 30MPH the head unit drives the speakers louder than it would if the SCV was turned off.

Bass is self explanatory, kick that sub all the way up!

Treble needs to be turned up to compensate for the increased bass.

Lastly, moving the fade toward the front will drive the pillar tweeters more which will blast you away with crisp highs and mids.

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to tackle this one tomorrow after a trip to Hobby Lobby, but asked the wife if we had any Poly-fil and she came back with an enitre 16 oz bag. Time to get started on this mod.

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that all of our wives seem to own a huge bag of poly-fill without us knowing?

I wasn't too surprised. We have tons of craft stuff in our house. Waiting until it cools down some..it's still over 100 degrees out and the garage is still deadly hot.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah it's crazy hot here too. My wife is big into crafting as well, so there's all sorts of craft stuff hidden throughout the house.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing this tomorrow... Hope it works well!

ssebranek

Reaction score
This mod got me by for two years...but now added old sub and amp with a Fox box and so very happy. If you can swing a new sub do it! Just be careful as I found it best to run an amp full range and use the Sony's crossover point. I think it's crossover is higher than most sub amps. Took some tweeking and now hits way better than stock. Shakes the mirrors and windows.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This mod got me by for two years...but now added old sub and amp with a Fox box and so very happy. If you can swing a new sub do it! Just be careful as I found it best to run an amp full range and use the Sony's crossover point. I think it's crossover is higher than most sub amps. Took some tweeking and now hits way better than stock. Shakes the mirrors and windows.
for a subwoofer you want it on low pass and depending on the size of the woofer set the crossover point on the amp between 70hz and 100hz. you dont want to run a high crossover on a woofer.

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub mod complete. Real easy to do. I don't have the best hearing skills, but couldn't really tell a difference....then again, I haven't really tested the sound system since I got the truck a month ago.

Here's a photo mid mod...

InstallPic.jpg

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sub mod complete. Real easy to do. I don't have the best hearing skills, but couldn't really tell a difference....then again, I haven't really tested the sound system since I got the truck a month ago.

Here's a photo mid mod...

InstallPic.jpg

So it doesnt work?