$2.99 Sub Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did this mod today as well. bass sounds a little more crisp/responsive now. nothing I'd probably notice if somebody did it and never told me, but certainly a good mod for the whopping $2.99.

If there's any local raptor owners who want to swing by, I've still got enough left for about 7 or 8 trucks LOL

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I guess I'm fortunate, I spent $3 on some polyfill and whatever I don't use in my truck tomorrow, my wife will use up doing crafts and whatnot. Win/win for me.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya. that is the only, I guess you could say downside. You are left with a ton of poly fill left over.

Not me. I asked our 6 year old which of her 100+ stuffed animals she didn't want any longer and she directed me to a pile where I selected two of the biggest I could find and proceeded to decapitate them with my pocket knife. Oddly enough she thought it looked like fun and asked to help me.

Tejas

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL some times when I get home the dog has that poly shit all over the house! I had just been trashing it but now it has a second life.

Thanks "Scout" good boy

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that noticeable Reptar?

It's not night and day. There is a slight improvement, it's worth the $2.99 for the bag of polyfill even if you trash the rest. Takes all of 5 minutes to install.

I put a CD in and played one of my favorite songs that had some decent bass, left the bass and volume settings where they were, then did the polyfill, and replayed the same song, so it was as back to back comparison as I could get. Minor improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

LOL some times when I get home the dog has that poly shit all over the house! I had just been trashing it but now it has a second life.

Thanks "Scout" good boy

haha yeah I didn't even think of that till I opened the bag and I'm thinking to myself, this is the same crap that the dog has all over the house ripping apart his toys and his bed, i should have just used that lol.

maybe I'll scatter the rest of the bag in the dogs room and see what he does when there's no toy to rip apart, and just the mess to start with LOL!

ace75

Reaction score
Does this subwoofer come standard with the upgraded sony navigation package?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs